Proper Tire Pressure

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Elder Scoot

Proper Tire Pressure

Post by Elder Scoot »

My owner's manual for my new Stella auto says the front tire pressure should be 17 p.s.i. Is that correct? This is the first bike I've owned with 10" wheels and the recommended pressure seems quite low.
fisher1

Post by fisher1 »

That's what my 2T calls for also - so I'd suppose that is correct. I usually run mine at 20 cause the line for that is easy to see on my air compressor.
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Yup, 17 psi for the front of my 4T.
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

I have always run 25-30 on both front and back. It feels more responsive, less squishy. I tried running a lower and I just didn't feel like she was handling as good as she could. Of course the type of tire matters too. I have gone through the old Sava white walls, and prima white walls. Right now I am running the Hidekneau(spl?) K47s I love em. They do not have the white walls which I have come to terms with but they perform awesome in dry and moist conditions. They have an aggressive tread and in my head I am about to drag my knee in the pavement on each turn.

DAMN I love cruisin on my Stella. Oh BTW I am about to 10K miles on my '12 Stella. She officially turns 2 this July.

What was this thread about?
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

fisher 1 says in part...
"" I usually run mine at 20 cause the line for that is easy to see""

Good Answer!!!!! Mine too!!!! Damn them tiny tiny tiny numbers.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

I run mine at 26-30 one up, 28-32 with my long distance traveling kit.
Heidenau tires, no idea how those pressures would work with the stock tires especially if you have the vintage pattern ones.