Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brake lights?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
itcardoc

2006 Genuine Blur 150, had 2005 Stella

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Brake lights? Reply with quote

Alright , I have got to post this! I don't know how many Blurs sold , but I am willing to bet that many of you have a safety problem you are not aware of ! Check your brake light operation and see if your brake light comes on under normal/light braking (light pull on the levers). I'll bet that you have to pull pretty hard on the levers to get the brake lights to come on! The brake light switches on the levers appear to be adjusted/mounted so that your BRAKE LIGHTS WILL NOT OPERATE UNDER NORMAL LIGHT BRAKING (LIGHT PULL ON THE LEVERS)!!!! They need to be modified/adjusted to work under light pulling of the levers! Please try your brake lights and give some feedback. Remember you don't have to pull very hard under normal braking as the brakes are excellent on the Blur. -Kevin
jasonkoscho

Blur 150

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: lights Reply with quote

I havent noticed anything along those lines for me. I have noticed that the European switch that would normally kill the lights is re-wired in the US alowing you to completly shut off your tail light. Make sure you have it on!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Blur 150, various vintage Vespas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We talked about this before, but it's good to point out. As long as you're aware of when they come on, they don't really need an adjustment in most cases, but they do come on a bit later than I'm used to with other bikes, so it's worth noting.

Bb.

EP_scoot

'06 BLUR 150

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any way of adjusting them so they come up ealier?

D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: