Found a source for EFI tuning gear/software. (Maybe)

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dookiegang

Found a source for EFI tuning gear/software. (Maybe)

Post by dookiegang »

I was pushing my GoogleFu to the limit last night and came across this company in Taiwan that makes piggyback and replacement ECUs that will work with the Blur 220i, as well as most other asian EFI scooters. I eMailed and asked for prices and which of their products, specifically, will work the GMax/Blur 220i. The problem is that they seem to only want to sell to scooter shops and such. I do have a shop but we only do cages. Nothing related to scooters or motorcycles. If anyone is qualified to make them talk, then this could be the first step in jump-starting the aftermarket for the Blur around here. See the link and email reply below. (They read/write English and the site can be changed to English)

http://www.ezecu.com/eng/default.html

Please send us your shop information and web site URL so that we can quote for you.

For G-Max 220i, the following EZECU(R) products are available:

1. City Fi ECU - piggyback fuel injection ECU
2. Sport Fi ECU - piggyback fuel injection ECU without rev. limit (up to 15,000 RPM)
3. EzSpark TI ECU - standalone indictive ignition ECU without rev. limit (up to 15,000 RPM)

Best regards,

Webb Tang
IC Leader Technology Corporation
3, September 2012
kenbike

Post by kenbike »

I have the the name of a scooter shop in AZ that has hoped up a Blur 150 and the sell the 220i. I will contact them and see if they are interested in selling the ECU product and if yes have them follow your link.

PS You get a gold star for good research!

What are your plans for your scoot?
kenbike

Post by kenbike »

I spoke with Ron at Scooterronics in AZ. (ph 520-323-9090) He said he will talk to the owner of his shop this friday. If the owner approves they will contact EZECU to see what are the requirements to sell they fuel controllers.
This may work!
dookiegang

Post by dookiegang »

Awesome. I honestly didn't expect anything out of EZECU. If they get something in, I'm ready to buy. My buddy also has a Blur and he's probably down, too.

As for my plans, I'm not too sure just yet. I know I plan to spend what it takes to get a little more out of it. Intake, exhaust, EFI upgrades, CVT upgrades. Hell, even an overbore if someone makes it easy. I probably have the resources to do a lot of custom work. I just don't have the experience with the Blur and my job has me working 12h/7d until first of the year. We're building 10s of thousands of Honda Four Wheelers for the xmas season. I'll probably be starting most of my mods when work calms down.
dtcrouch

Post by dtcrouch »

I have sent them an email , lets see what they have to say
2013 170i
62mm ncy ceramic bbk
scooterwork 62mm bvh w titanium springs and valves
ncy trans kit 11gr dr p sliders
prima exhaust w 02 bung
bazzaz tc unit and fi mapper
ncy forks and shock
ncy 220mm fr disk
psycho primary gears
thespivster

Post by thespivster »

Was there ever any update on this? I'm hoping to find a tunable ECU for my new blur.
dtcrouch

Post by dtcrouch »

I never got a response !
2013 170i
62mm ncy ceramic bbk
scooterwork 62mm bvh w titanium springs and valves
ncy trans kit 11gr dr p sliders
prima exhaust w 02 bung
bazzaz tc unit and fi mapper
ncy forks and shock
ncy 220mm fr disk
psycho primary gears
thespivster

Post by thespivster »

What was the shop? Maybe I'll give them a holler too.