S.O.S. Help, locked keys in seat

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tomato Bisque

S.O.S. Help, locked keys in seat

Post by Tomato Bisque »

I know, I know I'm a class A moron. And the spare is not attainable at the moment. I've searched on here and see there is an uber secret way of getting in and would sure appreciate a PM. Pretty please?

Also, Roadside Assistance wanted to charge $100 for the favor- is that the going rate??
ender07

Post by ender07 »

PM sent
Roughhouse 50 - custom green paint job, Prima exhaust pipe, 5G rollers, 1000 RPM contra spring, 2000 RPM clutch pillow springs, 95 carb jet, UNI pod air filter, debadged, delobstered, PIAA Super Plasma performance headlight
Tomato Bisque

Post by Tomato Bisque »

Thanks everyone for the info. My sweet buddy popped open for me like a charm:) Good stuff to know in case I ever mess up again..
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Saw this after sending you a PM with instructions!

Glad you got it open. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

It happened to me once before too, while I was on a date! I was so distracted by the cute girl I was out with, I left my keys in the lock of my chain after I put it under my seat. Fortunately I already knew the way in, and had my handy phillips-head on my other keychain.
nickelpete

Post by nickelpete »

I have a rough house and have almost done the same thing several times... Could someone PM me, that is if it is possible on the RH...

Thanks
soakland

Post by soakland »

I've learned as much as I can about my new buddy scooters but I don't know what to do in the event I lock myself out. Can I be part of the super secret club too? 8)
Whatever it is, it's better in the wind.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Are you mechanically inclined? If so, think of what happens when you turn the key to open the seat. What has to happen at the other end? That's your answer.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Syd wrote:Are you mechanically inclined? If so, think of what happens when you turn the key to open the seat. What has to happen at the other end? That's your answer.
Or I'll just PM it to you. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
dignan

Post by dignan »

Help, I locked my keys in my scooter. Please help, if anyone can tell me a way to get it open I appreciate it.
seattlematt

Post by seattlematt »

can you PM me. I currently have the same problem I'm stuck downtown with my girlfriend. Going to head back to the house to get some tools with the car to go
TVB

Post by TVB »

PM sent
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

geez, I am just like 6 5 and 300 lbs.
I just picked up my scooter, turned it upside down and shook it.
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

:lol: Even though I skied today it appears that winter is over. Eric would you please PM me with the mentioned trick??? Haven't locked my keys under the seat YET, ......
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Why are we PM'ing people with 1, 3, and 7 posts? I even have a problem with 26 and 47 for that kind of info.
TVB

Post by TVB »

k1dude wrote:Why are we PM'ing people with 1, 3, and 7 posts? I even have a problem with 26 and 47 for that kind of info.
The point of not posting it publicly is to keep it from showing up in Google searches, not to pretend that it's a deep and arcane secret that can only be gained by members of the Mystic Order of Modern Buddy. If I see a request that seems credible to me, I'm not inclined to withhold the information just to maintain that illusion.
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Just noticed the quote from Philip..... how's he doing in retirement? His health??? Thnx 8)
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

TVB

Post by TVB »

avonpirate wrote:Just noticed the quote from Philip..... how's he doing in retirement? His health??? Thnx 8)
He's said he's happy to no longer be anyone's boss, he's enjoying riding, and planning a new career.