Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the furthest you've gone??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
shdyldy

Blur 150

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: What's the furthest you've gone?? Reply with quote

With the warm weather fast approaching,I am anxious to hop on the scoot and take a little road trip. I am about 2 hours from the mountains and would love to just take off and go but how far can you go on a Blur? How does it handle going up hills and coming down? I am just looking for some ideas before I just hop on and go. Thanks for any help.

Kymm
justscooten

07 black blur 150 Yes its mine!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say you must live some place alittle warmer than me right now its 9 above 0 out side and a foot of snow . id say that winter is here to stay for a looooooong time. another 2 months or so then it might just might warm up to ooo i dont know mayby 50 - 55 we got a short riding season here in the great wight north of michigan. Crying or Very sad
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the furthest you've gone?? Reply with quote

shdyldy wrote:
With the warm weather fast approaching,I am anxious to hop on the scoot and take a little road trip. I am about 2 hours from the mountains and would love to just take off and go but how far can you go on a Blur? How does it handle going up hills and coming down? I am just looking for some ideas before I just hop on and go.

My longest day on the Blur was approximately 600 miles. Shocked Really. (I got lost twice that day just to make sure I rode a whole lot further than anybody else... Rolling Eyes ) And that was on a coast-to-coast run. Going over the Continental Divide at 9 million feet or whatever it was, the Blur was slow. I had to ride on the shoulder to keep out of the way of cars. It screamed downhill. No problems there.

Hop on and go. You'll be fine. Take a gas can if you're headed across northwestern Nebraska. Wink

Last edited by jrsjr on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
bicyclerider

2006 Blur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wife and I both rode 100 miles in one day the first week we got our scoots last summer.
me on a blur, her on her pink Buddy.

I then did one other 100 mile round trip ride later in the fall.
it's a bit long on that Blur seat for my taste.
Foam Ear plugs are key to these type of rides.
shdyldy

Blur 150

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am in the armpit of California and we are already in temps of 60+. I will put on 100 miles just driving around town showing my scoot off!! LOL I'm definately seeing a road trip to somewhere out of town real soon! Anyone have any good websites for maps. We have all kinds of backroads here and I know they are alternative routes from the freeways. I may just go to the local Harley dealer and see if they have anything there....those folks are always doing runs and might have some maps that will help. Also if there is anyone out there in my area send a reply....maybe we can do a ride day Very Happy

Sunshine and Safe Riding!!
Kymm
shdyldy

Blur 150

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey justscooten...........I feel your pain!!! I am originally from Michigan and I know it's still cold there......... Sad Sad Sad But it is Mich. so anything can happen........hang in there!!!!!!!! Smile
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Blur 150, various vintage Vespas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had plans to do the Lake Erie Loop last year, but that didn't work out so well.

I've done a lot of 100-mile rides and a few 200-milers. 200 miles is about my imit, I'm going to try riding to the Quad Cities (IL/IA) rally from Chicago this year, that's 225 miles each way with a 50-mile ride in between (500 in a weekend). That'll be my record, I can see that being fun, but more than that would certainly kill me.

I just wasn't cut out for distance. 250 miles in a car wears me out, too.

Bb.

justscooten

07 black blur 150 Yes its mine!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and my wife and some freinds are planing a road trip from three rivers michigan to south haven mich on lake michigan this summer its about a 70 miles one way . he has a tank 150 and well be on the blur should be a good trip thats if hes tank stays running hes wife dosnt like riding with him everytime they go out it break down. no to find a hotel there were i can sink in my scoot. Laughing

Last edited by justscooten on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
BlueMark

Genuine Blur (RIP)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode several overnight trips with about 100 miles each day.
Corsair

Sunset Buddy 125

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious, the very first day I got my Buddy I put a few hundred miles on it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: