What's the furthest you've gone??

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

shdyldy

What's the furthest you've gone??

Post by shdyldy »

With the warm weather fast approaching,I am anxious to hop on the scoot and take a little road trip. I am about 2 hours from the mountains and would love to just take off and go but how far can you go on a Blur? How does it handle going up hills and coming down? I am just looking for some ideas before I just hop on and go. Thanks for any help.

Kymm
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i say you must live some place alittle warmer than me right now its 9 above 0 out side and a foot of snow . id say that winter is here to stay for a looooooong time. another 2 months or so then it might just might warm up to ooo i dont know mayby 50 - 55 we got a short riding season here in the great wight north of michigan. :cry:
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What's the furthest you've gone??

Post by jrsjr »

shdyldy wrote:With the warm weather fast approaching,I am anxious to hop on the scoot and take a little road trip. I am about 2 hours from the mountains and would love to just take off and go but how far can you go on a Blur? How does it handle going up hills and coming down? I am just looking for some ideas before I just hop on and go.
My longest day on the Blur was approximately 600 miles. :shock: Really. (I got lost twice that day just to make sure I rode a whole lot further than anybody else... :roll: ) And that was on a coast-to-coast run. Going over the Continental Divide at 9 million feet or whatever it was, the Blur was slow. I had to ride on the shoulder to keep out of the way of cars. It screamed downhill. No problems there.

Hop on and go. You'll be fine. Take a gas can if you're headed across northwestern Nebraska. :wink:
Last edited by jrsjr on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

my wife and I both rode 100 miles in one day the first week we got our scoots last summer.
me on a blur, her on her pink Buddy.

I then did one other 100 mile round trip ride later in the fall.
it's a bit long on that Blur seat for my taste.
Foam Ear plugs are key to these type of rides.
shdyldy

Post by shdyldy »

Yes I am in the armpit of California and we are already in temps of 60+. I will put on 100 miles just driving around town showing my scoot off!! LOL I'm definately seeing a road trip to somewhere out of town real soon! Anyone have any good websites for maps. We have all kinds of backroads here and I know they are alternative routes from the freeways. I may just go to the local Harley dealer and see if they have anything there....those folks are always doing runs and might have some maps that will help. Also if there is anyone out there in my area send a reply....maybe we can do a ride day :D

Sunshine and Safe Riding!!
Kymm
shdyldy

Post by shdyldy »

Hey justscooten...........I feel your pain!!! I am originally from Michigan and I know it's still cold there......... :( :( :( But it is Mich. so anything can happen........hang in there!!!!!!!! :)
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I had plans to do the Lake Erie Loop last year, but that didn't work out so well.

I've done a lot of 100-mile rides and a few 200-milers. 200 miles is about my imit, I'm going to try riding to the Quad Cities (IL/IA) rally from Chicago this year, that's 225 miles each way with a 50-mile ride in between (500 in a weekend). That'll be my record, I can see that being fun, but more than that would certainly kill me.

I just wasn't cut out for distance. 250 miles in a car wears me out, too.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

me and my wife and some freinds are planing a road trip from three rivers michigan to south haven mich on lake michigan this summer its about a 70 miles one way . he has a tank 150 and well be on the blur should be a good trip thats if hes tank stays running hes wife dosnt like riding with him everytime they go out it break down. no to find a hotel there were i can sink in my scoot. :lol:
Last edited by justscooten on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

I rode several overnight trips with about 100 miles each day.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Serious, the very first day I got my Buddy I put a few hundred miles on it