Howdy From Texas

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Scratch

Howdy From Texas

Post by Scratch »

Purchased a '13 220i last week. Wife's '13 Buddy 170i arrives this Monday. New to scooter world, although I have previous 2-wheel experience with a couple Honda M/Cs owned 35 years ago.

As avid RVers, we purchased the scooters as our transportation on the road. They will be placed on a rack attached to the back of our motor home during transit and used as primary transport wherever we happen to find ourselves as we run around the USA enjoying our retirement years.

I've learned quite a bit from reading forum threads over the past few weeks. Looking forward to learning more from the experts here.

Scratch sends...
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Holla from California.
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

Hello! Hope you share some impressions of your Blur. I am getting DH's Blur 150 because he just got a new 220i. We put the low profile seat on the 150 so it is doable for me now. I'm pretty excited to ride something with larger wheels/wheelbase and a little more heft than my Psycho.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Welcome to the forum. I am also eager to hear how the Blur 220 compares to the Buddy 170. Genuine claims that the Buddy 170 has a better power to weight ratio than the bigger Blur.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Thanks much for the welcomes. Must admit I'm a bit surprised that there's not much punch off the line on the Blur. Understand there's some kind of adjustment that can be made to correct this?

I really like the looks and size. The low profile seat from Scooterworks was an excellent investment and makes it much more comfortable for my 5'6" frame...

Will provide an A/B comparison of the two once the Buddy arrives. If the wife lets me ride it, of course... :?
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

13.5 gm rollers really help with the Blur off the line.
Did you buy new? It takes a while to break 'em in... and then, look out!
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Kennyr44

Post by Kennyr44 »

Changing the rollers did nothing for my 220i. That was a waste of time and money for me and some others here i've read. Mine runs great anyway.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Kennyr44 wrote:Changing the rollers did nothing for my 220i. That was a waste of time and money for me and some others here i've read. Mine runs great anyway.
That is what I heard as well. Not much to do to a Blur.
thespivster

Post by thespivster »

Did you get the black one from AF1? I bought the white one they had about 5 weeks ago :)
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

The Blur I purchased is silver; the only one they had in stock. If they had a white one at the time, it would be sitting in my garage!