Roadside service info still slow to be sent out?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jmazza

Roadside service info still slow to be sent out?

Post by jmazza »

I bought my Buddy almost two months ago but still haven't gotten my roadside info card. Is that still about par for the course?

I have the number and I'm going to call it and give them my VIN just to make sure I'm entered in the program- I'd hate to find out there's a problem when I really need it.

Has anyone called and found out that the service company has no record of your Buddy?
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

I bought my Blur the second week of December and just received my card this weekend. So it took me right at 2 months.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

tempalte wrote:I bought my Blur the second week of December and just received my card this weekend. So it took me right at 2 months.
Good to know- I think I bought mine on the 16th or so.
Jed

Post by Jed »

mine took 5 months to arrive.
5 bud7

Post by 5 bud7 »

Bought my buddy 12-28-07 and received roadside service card 1st week of feb. 5 bud 7
louie

Post by louie »

2-3 months seem to be the norm but as long as you have the number you're good to get a tow.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

louie wrote:2-3 months seem to be the norm but as long as you have the number you're good to get a tow.
You mean the phone number or my account number? I don't have my account number but I figured I'd give the phone number a call and see if they can look me up.
louie

Post by louie »

jmazza wrote:
louie wrote:2-3 months seem to be the norm but as long as you have the number you're good to get a tow.
You mean the phone number or my account number? I don't have my account number but I figured I'd give the phone number a call and see if they can look me up.
i mean the phone number.
louie

Post by louie »

jmazza wrote:
i mean the phone number, from what i was told when i bought it.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I bought my Blur in September, 2006 and got the cards LAST WEEK. I've been meaning to post that to 2strokebuzz. Yes, I got my cards a year and a half after I got the bike, SIX MONTHS AFTER MY COVERAGE HAD LAPSED.

That's pretty lame, I'll ask them about it when I talk to them at Dealer Expo. I imagine they'll blame the service provider, like Piaggio did.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

illnoise wrote:I bought my Blur in September, 2006 and got the cards LAST WEEK. I've been meaning to post that to 2strokebuzz. Yes, I got my cards a year and a half after I got the bike, SIX MONTHS AFTER MY COVERAGE HAD LAPSED.

That's pretty lame, I'll ask them about it when I talk to them at Dealer Expo. I imagine they'll blame the service provider, like Piaggio did.

Bb.
That is lame- I'm thinking it's a good argument for extending your coverage for a year after the card is issued!!!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jmazza wrote:
illnoise wrote:I bought my Blur in September, 2006 and got the cards LAST WEEK. I've been meaning to post that to 2strokebuzz. Yes, I got my cards a year and a half after I got the bike, SIX MONTHS AFTER MY COVERAGE HAD LAPSED.

Bb.
That is lame- I'm thinking it's a good argument for extending your coverage for a year after the card is issued!!!
Well, you're covered with or without the card. All you need is the number: 866-311-8982.

Unless, that is, you need an account number, too...?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
shdyldy

Post by shdyldy »

I have about ten of those cards from genuine for my blur. I recieved the first one about 2 weeks after I bought my Blur,then they just kept sending them,one every week. I finally called them to let them know that I definately recieved my card. A little overboard on customer satisfaction!! LOL LOL
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Yeah, it didn't really make me angry, I just thought it was funny and embarrassing for them. I got a letter a couple months after purchase with the info, but I don't think there were cards with it. I just had the phone number written down on the back of my scooter insurance card, and I never had to use it, so it wasn't really an issue for me.

Bb.
aerogirl7

Post by aerogirl7 »

illnoise wrote:That's pretty lame, I'll ask them about it when I talk to them at Dealer Expo. I imagine they'll blame the service provider, like Piaggio did.

Bb.
Would you be referring to the Indy Expo? I can't wait...
...a little over a week away now!
At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper. ~Roman Holiday
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

illnoise wrote: I got a letter a couple months after purchase with the info, but I don't think there were cards with it. .
I haven't even gotten a letter! And Valentines day is just around the corner!!
bushbaby

No card yet...

Post by bushbaby »

I purchased my Buddy 125 the last week of September 2007. I have yet to receive my card. My Buddy was stolen in November, and I just bought the replacement in January with the insurance money, while the 2007s were on sale. Maybe I'll have 2 cards by spring?

Any Genuine people reading this post: it's a great service to offer. There are enough bug reports here to warrant looking into your feedback system. It's probably a simple fix, and paying attention to it will contribute to customers feeling cared for.

We're getting told about the program by our dealers. Now make sure whoever is supervising the operation is accountable.

Cheers!
louie

Post by louie »

shdyldy wrote:I have about ten of those cards from genuine for my blur. I recieved the first one about 2 weeks after I bought my Blur,then they just kept sending them,one every week. I finally called them to let them know that I definately recieved my card. A little overboard on customer satisfaction!! LOL LOL
they sent all ours to shdyldy.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

louie wrote:they sent all ours to shdyldy.
Ha! Apparently so.

For what it's worth, I posted about it on 2strokebuzz:

http://2strokebuzz.com/index.php?p=3919

and I'll mention it when I talk to them. The letter was on Genuine letterhead, but it was mailed from RoadAmerica's zip code, Piaggio had a similar problem last year, with the same company.

aerogirl, I'm going to DealerExpo which is this weekend.
It's a dealer-only thing, I'm sneaking in as quasi-press. I think there's some sort of mostly-Harley-show after that, maybe that's what you're talking about, but if you're going to DealerExpo, visit the Scoot! Magazine/Corazzo booth, that usually ends up being scooterdork headquarters.

Bb.
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

My card finally arrived - 11 months after I purchased my Buddy. I didn't even realize what it was at first until I looked at the date on the card. Oh well, I haven't needed it fortunately.
shark

Post by shark »

Got our 4 weeks after purchase. Not too bad!!