Amerivespa 2014

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

hackett

Amerivespa 2014

Post by hackett »

I see pugbuddy may be going, as presumably are ericalm and the other cannonballers. Sound off on all you other MBers who will be in NOLA in a couple of weeks.

I should be there (booked the travel and the room), but I may be sans-scoot unless I find trailer space in the next couple of weeks.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Sadly, I cannot make it. I shall live vicariously through all the other MBers there! :(
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
hackett

Post by hackett »

pugbuddy wrote:Sadly, I cannot make it. I shall live vicariously through all the other MBers there! :(
Foo. Sorry to hear that.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

I will be there. Maybe we can coordinate some meeting place. I'm trying to do the same with Modern Vespa.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Elder Scoot wrote:I will be there. Maybe we can coordinate some meeting place. I'm trying to do the same with Modern Vespa.
Good deal. I'm trying to remember how we coordinated the MB meetup at AV 2010. Had a good turnout from what I remember...
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

My GF and I will be there, riding in from Mobile. This will be our first Amerivespa and our first rally since we got into scooting a few years ago. The scooter scene in Alabama is pretty lame so we're really looking forward to it.
hackett

Post by hackett »

BeefSupreme wrote:My GF and I will be there, riding in from Mobile. This will be our first Amerivespa and our first rally since we got into scooting a few years ago. The scooter scene in Alabama is pretty lame so we're really looking forward to it.
It's a bit far from Mobile, but Birmingham used to have a pretty active club. http://www.birminghamscootersyndicate.com/
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

hackett wrote:
BeefSupreme wrote:My GF and I will be there, riding in from Mobile. This will be our first Amerivespa and our first rally since we got into scooting a few years ago. The scooter scene in Alabama is pretty lame so we're really looking forward to it.
It's a bit far from Mobile, but Birmingham used to have a pretty active club. http://www.birminghamscootersyndicate.com/
Yep, I just moved down here from Birmingham last year. When I was there they didn't have too much happening with the club.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

It seems like "The Transportation Revolution" where the Cannonball riders are celebrating at 7:00 pm on the schedule is the most logical place.

When you get your ID tag - put your MB name on it, e.g. "Elder Scoot MB".

I will be going by two names "Oldscoot MV" and "Elder Scoot MB".

Look forward to seeing y'all.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Elder Scoot wrote:It seems like "The Transportation Revolution" where the Cannonball riders are celebrating at 7:00 pm on the schedule is the most logical place.

When you get your ID tag - put your MB name on it, e.g. "Elder Scoot MB".

I will be going by two names "Oldscoot MV" and "Elder Scoot MB".

Look forward to seeing y'all.
Good deal. You'll see my handle on my badge, and if it's not too ridiculously hot I'll be wearing my patch jacket with the MB patch ericalm gave me in '10.
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

I'll be there! I'm staying at the Hilton. I had originally booked at my fave B & B in NOLA but decided that I needed to be at Rally Central.
so tough, so pink
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

chloefpuff wrote:I'll be there! I'm staying at the Hilton. I had originally booked at my fave B & B in NOLA but decided that I needed to be at Rally Central.
I chose the Hilton for the same reason. I also believe that the hotel provides a specific and secure area for the scooters. That is - for a small price.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Elder Scoot wrote:
chloefpuff wrote:I'll be there! I'm staying at the Hilton. I had originally booked at my fave B & B in NOLA but decided that I needed to be at Rally Central.
I chose the Hilton for the same reason. I also believe that the hotel provides a specific and secure area for the scooters. That is - for a small price.
As did we. Tried doing some price comparisons and use of some points with a competitor hotel chain to get one night free, which resulted in an unnecessarily-complicated spreadsheet trying account for parking costs, varying rates, and distance from the rally hotel.
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

When I went Amerivespa in 2012 (Lake Geneva) I ended up at the opposite end of the lake from the host hotel. I missed out on alot of stuff because of that. I decided that if I ever made it to another I would stay where everyone else was.
so tough, so pink
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

For what it is worth the weather forecaster (Weather Channel) predict a 30% chance of showers every day of the rally. This is not atypical of weather in the Gulf states. Therefore, bring some light rain gear and remind yourselves of the techniques for riding in the rain.
hackett

Post by hackett »

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/54YhQZN5Uq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

Elder Scoot wrote:For what it is worth the weather forecaster (Weather Channel) predict a 30% chance of showers every day of the rally. This is not atypical of weather in the Gulf states. Therefore, bring some light rain gear and remind yourselves of the techniques for riding in the rain.
That's what i've been keeping an eye on the past few days. Living on the coast i've learned to ignore anything under 50%. Small patches of rain can come out of nowhere and disappear just as fast. Riding to NO from Mobile we expect to cross a few. Raingear, check. Towel, check.
Raputtak

Post by Raputtak »

Hilton for me, too. Look for a black 4T with a Higgs Boson Collision decal on the front. There can't be too many of them.
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

We're staying at The Hotel Modern, anyone else? It's between the Hilton and TTRNO.
Brian Herwick - CoolAss

CoolAss Will Be There!

Post by Brian Herwick - CoolAss »

Hello all:

Jan and I will be in New Orleans for Amerivespa w/ free koozies and discounts on CoolAss covers! Hope to see you there!

Best to all,

Brian
Attachments
Banner CoolAss- Scooter-Final 5-2014.pdf
(581.64 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
hackett

Post by hackett »

Elder Scoot wrote:It seems like "The Transportation Revolution" where the Cannonball riders are celebrating at 7:00 pm on the schedule is the most logical place.
Didn't wind up making it to TTR tonight; got caught up having dinner with a local friend I'd been meaning to get in touch with. Hope to catch you all at some of the other events.
keltick

Post by keltick »

What other events are going on this weekend?
hackett

Post by hackett »

keltick wrote:What other events are going on this weekend?
Banquet tonight, but if you haven't already registered you won't be able to get a seat. Raffle tomorrow morning at NOLA Brewery.