Need help determining price

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

amishyolo

Need help determining price

Post by amishyolo »

Sorry if this post is in the wrong forum. I'm just looking for help with setting a price, not actually placing an ad on here. Anyways.....

I'm going through a divorce right now & I'm hurting financially, so I've decided to sell my Stella (4 stroke, 2012). I bought it new last summer. It only has 30 miles on it & runs perfectly, however, I dumped it causing some body damage. My friend's husband is possibly interested in buying it, but I have no idea what I should set the price at. With tax, I believe I paid about $4100 for it & later spent about $250 on the chrome kit & about $40 on the side stand.

I was wondering if anyone on here could tell me what an appropriate price for this would be both with & without the chrome (not sure if he wants those). Here are some photos I took of it....ignore the stupid commentary, as I originally made this album to send to my friend's husband.

Thanks in advance!
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

There's folks on here posting how they are getting new (2013's)4T Stellas for $2600.
If you friends husband doesnt know this and is NOT shopping dealers, then I would ask 2400 for yours and stick to that.
I know that you probally dont want to hear that as you may have to take a bath on what you paid... But that's the nature of the beast of buying new off the showroom floor.
here in STL, I'd probally have to get below the 2000 mental threshold to sell that, being how its crashed already.
good luck!!!
2 years ago, I wanted YOUR bike and was willing to pay 3300, but they never got the slate blue in for me, and I settled on the cream white.

good luck with the sale..What part of the USA are you in??
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
amishyolo

Post by amishyolo »

Thanks for the reply & sorry for taking so long to respond. I'm thinking of putting it up on Craigslist for $2400 & seeing if I can get any takers for that price (or even a little less).
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

I bought my 2012 Slate Blue Stella Jan. 2013 in similar cosmetic condition but with 2k miles on it for about $2400 +tax .... yours seems like a good price to me, especially considering the low miles and the extras.

By the way - I picked up a can of spray paint at Autozone which, as luck would have it, matches the Slate Blue almost EXACTLY. I'll post the exact brand/item# of the paint later *. I painted an entire cowel with it as well as part of the front fender. If you look very closely, you can tell a slight difference in sheen, but it's almost indistinguishable. Cheaper and easier than tracking down Stella touch-up paint.

* The paint brand is VHT, Engine Enamel. SP135 GM BLUE. Matches the Stella slate blue almost exactly.
Last edited by misterbrackets on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jkblaq

Post by jkblaq »

I might have got fleeced but whatever...I paid $2499+tax for my 2012 Stella with 2900 miles.

Hope that helps.