Blur Mechanical Help

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

shnikies

Blur Mechanical Help

Post by shnikies »

I'm distraught. It's one thing to not have your scooter functional the first nice day of the year and it's another thing to still not have it functional in mid-June

It's a 2007 Blur 150 that will not start.

So far I have:

Changed the oil
Changed the battery
Changed the spark plug
Put in fresh gas
Tried to clean the carb but didn't have the confidence so I brought in a mechanic who did it and then when we tried starting it he said the voltage went down to zero at the starter relay and that he was certain that was the problem. Two weeks later and the new starter relay arrives and I install it and still it's a no-go.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by shnikies on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
shnikies

Post by shnikies »

I had somebody else come out that I found on Craigslist. This is mechanic #2. He couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start and was dumbfounded. Then he checked the fuses and saw I needed to replace the 1amp and laughed about all of the money I spent on other labor and parts to get it to start. He guaranteed me the fuse was the problem and I gave him $50. I went to AutoZone, purchased and a fuse and guess what!??!?!?! It still doesn't start. PLEASE HELP ME
shnikies

Post by shnikies »

CDI?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I give. Why are you bringing in these rookie mechanics. You live in Chicago, the home of Genuine Scooter and their retail outlet Scooterworks. They must have a good Blur guy.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Dooglas wrote:I give. Why are you bringing in these rookie mechanics. You live in Chicago, the home of Genuine Scooter and their retail outlet Scooterworks. They must have a good Blur guy.
That is pretty amusing. Take the bike to the source and get it sorted...