BLACK OUT KIT - with NEW Cheeky Seats Seat Cover

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MYSCTR

BLACK OUT KIT - with NEW Cheeky Seats Seat Cover

Post by MYSCTR »

New pictures to show off the NEW Cheeky Seats seat cover that just came in for the Red 125 - Great RED Piping to give it that custom edge - Big Kudos to Suzy! Enjoy...

Just got the Buddy red 125 back from being in Austin for two years and first had to wash it then pulled the cowl protectors and rear rack, cleaned, sanded painted them fresh flat black, replaced bolts and washers as needed, installed the black out kit, replaced left brake handle, used Meguiar’s Ultimate Black for all the black body parts, Motorcycle Leather Cleaner/Conditioner for the seat & Motorcycle Plastic Cleaner/Polish for the windshield and red body parts. Charged the battery while working on other parts. Pulled the carb and cleaned that then after a slight warm up, did an oil/filter change before setting off to fill up with gas, add Lucas and grab a few pictures. What a day! This scoot got more love today than the past two years yet should be good to go for another year!

The daughter will be glad to be back on her scooter after today!
Attachments
Black Out Kit & Meguiar's Products
0916.jpg (137.38 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
0923.jpg (131.46 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
Seat cover by Cheeky Seats
Seat cover by Cheeky Seats
DSCN1105s.jpg (98.79 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
Last edited by MYSCTR on Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
theflash784

Black OUt Kit

Post by theflash784 »

That is one NICE looking scoot!
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Now you just need to get some powder coat after those wheels and you'll be ready to rock!
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

great looking scooter! how long would you estimate it takes to put on the black out kit? i have one but don't really want to do it myself and the shop charges a small fortune to install.
MYSCTR

Hours and Hours and Hours

Post by MYSCTR »

Well all total with installing a new left brake handle, giving the entire scoot a major wash and deep clean including washing the insides of each body panel that was removed, removing the cowl protectors, rear rack & re-painting them, an oil change, pulling the carb to clean the jets probably just about 8 hours.

To do the actual black mods I would guess about 2 hours including the mirrors (and re-installing the windshield).

Just re-washed and finished the prep to go deliver it tonight as she is so ready to start riding again.

Thanks for the comments. We do like the finished look. Just a couple if things that could be changed out yet this will work for the Fall.
climbguy

Post by climbguy »

If any one has a left over silver ring that goes around the head light, I am looking for one.

I think it would be left over from doing the black out upgrade.

It is sold out on scooter works.

A few $ and karma to anyone who has one for me.

thanks!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

that looks crazy good. NICE!!!
Riding is riding
cyclewhitman

Mounting the plate on the rack

Post by cyclewhitman »

This looks amazing. I have a black 125 and did a black out kit too. I love it.

One question I have about the mounting of your universal plate for the topcase. Can you show pictures of how you mounted it? I have one for the soft italia topcase, and the instructions are horrible. I can't figure out how to use all 4 mounting brackets.

Thanks!
Sassy Chassis

Post by Sassy Chassis »

Purty!

Get some black wheels with red stripes to complete the look/pull it all together. :D

Btw, I am envious that you got your rear rack on. Mine is off by at least 1/2 inch from the mounting holes. :(
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Sassy Chassis wrote:Purty!

Get some black wheels with red stripes to complete the look/pull it all together. :D

Btw, I am envious that you got your rear rack on. Mine is off by at least 1/2 inch from the mounting holes. :(
Thanks - great tip!

Rear racks can test your metal... and everything else. We have found getting one side on just to start the threads then work over to the other side with the center bolt lined up (but not completely on) and ease the opposite side on working the bolt into the hole to help center and find where it goes. This one took some time as we added a new rubber washer under the flat metal washer that we painted the same flat black and did not want to scratch it. Most importtant tip may be to remember to breathe and even walk away and come back when your feeling fresh. Feels good to get them on - we have done 5-6 racks just like this one.
cyclewhitman

Post by cyclewhitman »

Thanks for the tip about mounting the platform to the rack. I decided to go to local scooter works and take a picture of their mounted racks. That helped me tremendously. I still did not mount it just as they had but pretty close. I attached a photo of the mounting from the shop.
Attachments
IMG_3473.jpg
IMG_3473.jpg (12.93 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

Oooh, that is one nice looking Buddy! I'm considering getting a black-out kit for my seafoam Buddy - so it doesn't get mixed up with the three or four other seafoam Buddys in town, heh.
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

I'm glad this thread got bumped up, because I hadn't seen it, and that is one of the prettiest Buddies I've seen. Beautiful!
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

So we will try to update the bkack out kit pictures on the red 125 this weekend since we got a really cool checkered Cheeky Seats cover for it and it looks smashing!

Suzy is AWESOME!
cyclewhitman

Post by cyclewhitman »

I also bought a checkered cover from Cheeky Seats and found Suzy great to work with. I love the new seat cover. Here it is on my scoot.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (127.61 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (185.82 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Added three new pictures at the top of this thread to show off the sweet seat cover...
BuddyBliss

Post by BuddyBliss »

Thanks for posting those MYSCTR, (and cyclewhitman) the scooter looks terrific and the upgrades you've done are spot on. Now I want a black out kit!!
Suzy
Cheeky Seats
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Well just found out the little red 125 with the fancy checkered seat cover has three riders now as the boys have been spotted riding it as well.

Plenty of go time!
skully93

Post by skully93 »

looks pretty sweet!
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

One of the coolest and prettiest Buddies I've ever seen!

I really wanted a RED Buddy before I got my Psycho, but I love the "black out" look too!

Just awesome!
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Thanks for that!

We love the black out kit over the red for sure!
MYSCTR

Time To Say Good-Bye!

Post by MYSCTR »

The little red scoot that could is gone – traded this weekend! It will make someone a great fun scooter! We know our daughter really enjoyed the past 5 years riding this scooter – yet is terribly excited about what comes next!