New! And I have a question about my Stella Automatic

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mrs. e-Town

New! And I have a question about my Stella Automatic

Post by mrs. e-Town »

Hello, everyone~

I'm new to the forum, I've just brought home my new Stella 125 Automatic, and I have a question: from the moment I left the dealership lot, she stalls every single time I come to a complete stop. Every. single. time. And sometimes upon start-up, too. It's only been three days, and she only has a dozen miles on her. Do you think it's just new scoot kinks, the idle screw, ECU, something else?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Elder Scoot

Re: New! And I have a question about my Stella Automatic

Post by Elder Scoot »

mrs. e-Town wrote:Hello, everyone~

I'm new to the forum, I've just brought home my new Stella 125 Automatic, and I have a question: from the moment I left the dealership lot, she stalls every single time I come to a complete stop. Every. single. time. And sometimes upon start-up, too. It's only been three days, and she only has a dozen miles on her. Do you think it's just new scoot kinks, the idle screw, ECU, something else?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Tell your dealer to install a new ECU under warranty. It will then run like a champ.
hoss9009

Post by hoss9009 »

Mine did this too. Try opening and closing the gas tank. Worked for me.
caffeine65

Post by caffeine65 »

mrs. e-Town, how's the Stella running? Still stalling? Did you try any of these suggestions?
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Show your dealer the other thread and have them un-kink that long hose!!!
Good luck
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

jimmbomb wrote:
Show your dealer the other thread and have them un-kink that long hose!!!
Good luck
I don't think it's a gas tank vacuum problem, though it wouldn't hurt to check. Those usually show up after long durations of high throttle cruising, and present as hesitation, stumbling or stalling when applying throttle or at high throttle. Same as low fuel/fuel starvation, since that's what it is.

If she hasn't got it fixed, does it die when you release the throttle quickly from a high throttle position? If so, then it's probably your idle is set too low. I also believe a too rich idle can cause this, but don't quote me on it. I'm not sure if the idle is user adjustable on the Auto.
caffeine65

Post by caffeine65 »

Neurotic-Hapi-Snak wrote:I don't think it's a gas tank vacuum problem, though it wouldn't hurt to check. Those usually show up after long durations of high throttle cruising, and present as hesitation, stumbling or stalling when applying throttle or at high throttle. Same as low fuel/fuel starvation, since that's what it is.

If she hasn't got it fixed, does it die when you release the throttle quickly from a high throttle position? If so, then it's probably your idle is set too low. I also believe a too rich idle can cause this, but don't quote me on it. I'm not sure if the idle is user adjustable on the Auto.
(Wow, you really know your stuff, dude! 8) ) Yep, the stalling for me was while underway at higher speeds. The hose trick took care of that. The ECU replacement pretty much took care of everything else.

And yep, the idle is adjustable via this knob under the seat: