Why?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drum Pro

Why?

Post by Drum Pro »

Why aren't there more after market products for the Stella 4T? Is it just too new a bike or are they just not as accepted in the scooter community? There here to stay so makers might as well get cracking on more accessories......
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

Compared to what's available for LML/Stella's PX counterpart, there aren't a lot. But I think it's not bad when you consider that 4T Stellas make up a tiny percentage of all the scooters that are out there.

Still, I agree with you. But, I'm actually impressed with how many aftermarket exhausts are now available for the 4T compared with just a year or two ago.

So far I've been able to get what I need, for the most part.
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

I wish I could order parts directly from Genuine. That would be glorious.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

srbbnd wrote:I wish I could order parts directly from Genuine. That would be glorious.
Well, I suppose Genuine is trying to support it's own dealer network. Always a good idea. You can order parts from Genuine dealers such as ScooterWest. They are a great outfit to deal with online or by phone in my experience.
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

+1 on Scooterwest.

I emailed them to make sure the Faco rear rack does indeed fit the 4T, since it's listed as fitting on the site. Took a couple days for the reply (I emailed I think Thurs, they replied Tues, probably closed on Mon like many dealerships), thought they blew me off. Then the reply came and they appoligized for the delay and told me it was because they had installed a Faco rear rack to a 4T to know for certain it would fit, just to answer my email. Plus my package came with some cool goodies, 2 stickers, magnet and patch. Already pimped my garage fridge with the magnet.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Not enough demand. There are parts available, but some aren't readily available in the US at the moment.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

Neurotic-Hapi-Snak wrote:+1 on Scooterwest.

I emailed them to make sure the Faco rear rack does indeed fit the 4T, since it's listed as fitting on the site. Took a couple days for the reply (I emailed I think Thurs, they replied Tues, probably closed on Mon like many dealerships), thought they blew me off. Then the reply came and they appoligized for the delay and told me it was because they had installed a Faco rear rack to a 4T to know for certain it would fit, just to answer my email. Plus my package came with some cool goodies, 2 stickers, magnet and patch. Already pimped my garage fridge with the magnet.
Yeah - the ScooterWest folks are top-notch. I'm lucky enough to be about 45 min away, but I've dealt with them on the web and by phone as well. Very helpful.... and they have just about everything in stock.
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

Thinking about getting the GPR exhaust. Has the right list of features for me at a reasonable (for a 4T) price. Stainless steel/aluminum, 3kg lighter than stock, dyno proven gains, left side exit (I don't like the idea of a hot exhaust pipe running right underneath the crankcase), can remove rear wheel without disassembling exhaust. Too bad Scooterwest or another US store doesn't carry it, but I did find an Italian dealership selling it for $299 w/free shipping.

I really don't think there's too little aftermarket parts. We got a big bore kit, 2 larger carbs, 4 exhausts, gearbox pieces are shared with the 2T/P/PX, most 2T/P/PX accessories fit. All we're missing is a crank, connecting rod, race cam, 3/4 valve head...