Finally!!!

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

1.21 Jigawatts!!

Finally!!!

Post by 1.21 Jigawatts!! »

First of all, huge thanks to everyone on here for helping me get started! I did a ton of research before deciding I really wanted a Stella, and this forum helped me make that decision. I have been riding for 13 years, since my mom bought me a vintage 1980 Honda Passport c70 for college graduation in 2001. Had another Passport after that, but really wanted something with more power.

I was very patient and waited for the perfect one. I bought this lovely 2013 Stella 4T in May from a dealer who was closing out in Decatur AL. Only 7 miles and it came with a 2 year warranty! SCORE!! Brought it home to Nashville on a trailer and only had about 33 mild heart attacks along the way. I added the chrome, the topcase (vintage American Tourister), and wrapped one grip in leather. I also removed the plastic gray cover from the spare tire. It's finally looking like one of a kind.

I am considering a front rack and another case for longer trips. Eventually, after I finish breaking it in, I would like to take it down the Natchez Trace (speed limit 50) to my mom's house in Tupelo, MS. I've also been reading the horn upgrade discussions and considering that as well.

OH, and the helmet is a Bell Bullitt TT with an amber gradient bubble shield. I adore it. I was unsure at first, as my other helmet was only a half, but my husband asked me very sweetly to go full. What can I say... he likes my face, ha!

Honestly I don't think I would have even been able to even get my Stella on the center stand without this forum. Thanks to everyone for all of the words of wisdom! Would love to see more pics of other folks creativity with their Stellas!

Update 11-02-2015 This scooter is just too much for me. It is now for sale if anyone is interested. Please pm me. Thanks!
Attachments
In the back yard.
In the back yard.
StellaCompress2.jpg (170.09 KiB) Viewed 1838 times
Last edited by 1.21 Jigawatts!! on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Headaches are all in your head.
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

Congrats ! That's a great looking scoot !
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Nice scoot.
1.21 Jigawatts!!

Thanks!! I'm so happy. Could you see the pic I posted? When I am logged in, I can see it, but not when I log out. Being new, I am unsure if this is the way it is supposed to be? For those who are lurking (as I did for quite some time), here's a link to the pic through my google. :)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/fl24F ... 58-h539-no
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I can see it.
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

Very classy 8)
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

Great looking scoot.
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

I like the topcase idea, much classier than the milkcrate I roll with.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Congrats on your nice score!!!
Great looking ride and nice garden too with everything in bloom!
Does that dealer have any more?? Thanks.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
1.21 Jigawatts!!

Thanks everybody!

Ha, I rocked a milk crate on my passport, held on with several mismatched bungee cords to boot! That scoot was quite a bit grittier than this one. The crate was from Purity Dairy here in TN, and said "PURITY" in big letters on the back, which I thought was a nice touch. :)

I am not sure if the dealer I got the Stella from has anymore, but I know he had more than one when I got mine. Very nice guy. The dealership is Allsport Inc. in Decatur, AL if you want to give them a call. He said Stellas just don't sell in that area, so he was going to stop carrying them.
3angieyou

Post by 3angieyou »

Love the suitcase idea. Might steal it from you! Where'd ya get the helmet?
1.21 Jigawatts!!

Go for it with the suitcase! Very easy. Drilled 4 holes in bottom and secured it to the rack with 2 u-bolts. I wrapped the underside of the u-bolts in leather to prevent any rattling against the rack, and did the same on the metal parts of the suitcase handle. The only noise I hear is occasionally my things bouncing around inside when I hit a bump. I also put 4 dome nuts over the ends of the bolts inside the case, so that they would be smooth.

I got the helmet from Revzilla. I think they are on backorder, but Bell is making more and they should be out in August or September. They are pricey, but no where near a Ruby helmet! I used a 10% off coupon when I got mine.

OH - and fyi - scooterworks has 10% off everything right now, in case you need anything! :)
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

Nice digging the look. That roll bag/top case is awesome.
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Very nice scoot! I used my Stebel horn today on a cab driver, so I approve of that mod!
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

1.21 Jigawatts!! wrote:Thanks everybody!

Ha, I rocked a milk crate on my passport, held on with several mismatched bungee cords to boot! That scoot was quite a bit grittier than this one. The crate was from Purity Dairy here in TN, and said "PURITY" in big letters on the back, which I thought was a nice touch. :)

I am not sure if the dealer I got the Stella from has anymore, but I know he had more than one when I got mine. Very nice guy. The dealership is Allsport Inc. in Decatur, AL if you want to give them a call. He said Stellas just don't sell in that area, so he was going to stop carrying them.
I got a hold of him and he said that all he has left is 1 Stellauto in Mustard yellow
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics