Need Some Help, Here!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

karl utrecht

Need Some Help, Here!

Post by karl utrecht »

As silly as it may sound, I would very much like to do something to make the Blur 220i quieter...the exhaust buzz sounding very much like a love stricken lawn mower is really getting to me. Have any of you done anything to cut the level of noise down? The local Genuine dealer didn't have many suggestions.

I know it's a fairly strange request, but the sound coming from the exhaust is like a crotch rocket with strep throat.

I thought maybe someone on this site would have looked into the noise level and fixed / purchased something that did it.

I just think the Blur would be fantastic with its handling and braking if it could do it with a little less bombast! I certainly would not like to affect the performance at all.

Thanks much,

karl
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
bBiz

Post by bBiz »

Ear plugs. I use sound limiting ear plugs.
Kennyr44

Post by Kennyr44 »

I always wear ear plugs. Keeps the noise down and the air from rushing in my ears.
karl utrecht

Post by karl utrecht »

Thanks for the suggestions of ear plugs, but my problem is that not that the sound is too loud to me, but I would just like a bit smoother, quieter sound. I really don't care for any PTW that is too loud,and that's what I'm thinking about the Blur. It's primarily on takeoff that the sound seems too loud to me.Once up to speed the sound doesn't seem too much.

I really don't know too much about mufflers, but it seems it would be possible to retrofit a, say, 250cc muffler from a Honda Helix or Reflex or something similar, and that would muffle the sound a lot. I was primarily wondering if anyone had done something like that.

I really don't need the sound to enjoy the Blur...but that seems what PGO and Genuine need to sell them. I've emailed Genuine and ScooterWorks about this "problem", but have not heard from ScooterWorks, who is the resource Genuine referred me to.? It seems more a scooter "problem" than a parts "problem", but who knows.

My Vespa is at the other end of the scale, being almost too quiet, and the Kymco GTS300 is just about right from a noise standpoint.

Thanks for your responses.
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM