For those with a 3n1 rack

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drum Pro

For those with a 3n1 rack

Post by Drum Pro »

Is there a way to make them fit for the 4T? If so what did you do?
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

There should be a thread on here about someone who did it. I remember reading it while shopping for a rear rack.

Depending on the model of rack, you'll have to drill two holes for the bolts alongside the seat check pin.
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

I have the cuppini 3in1 and my dealer installed it. They did bend the plate that is situated towards the back so it will clear the tank. The front cross bar was also slightly bent to sit flush. I had it on Stella for about 18 months and the welds on the front cross bar broke loose. I haven't had it repaired and I miss having the extra storage. In all fairness I definitely overloaded it more than I should have. Like gallons of paint and trips to Costco. I think its only rated for like 50 pounds and i don't know if that includes the spare's weight, plus I carried a wooden crate on the back all the time too.

Dang I need to get that fixed. Do you think a muffler shop would weld chrome for me?
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

I have the cuppini 3 in 1 on my 4T as well. I kissed the bracket with a bench grinder until it fit up by the gas tank, although I am sure there was a subtler way.
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

Breaking news**
I took my rack up to the local muffler shop and had them weld it back together, I'm back in business. Bonus- I bartered a 6 pack of beers for the work, we had a lot of left over beer after the fourth.

That is all
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

SockyTX wrote:Breaking news**
I took my rack up to the local muffler shop and had them weld it back together, I'm back in business. Bonus- I bartered a 6 pack of beers for the work, we had a lot of left over beer after the fourth.

That is all
When I read this I totally got that image of Prof. Farnsworth from "Futurama"...