Looking for replacement turn signal bulb socket

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pat.m.ryan

Looking for replacement turn signal bulb socket

Post by pat.m.ryan »

So one of my center stand boots rotted away which led to the center stand sinking into the hot asphalt. The bike went over in a strong wind and landed on the corner of a 6x6 which broke the turn signal socket but not the housing : \

Where can I find a replacement? I don't really want to buy a whole housing for the cheapo socket. I've looked on scooterwest and scooter works and all of my searching leads to bulbs or the whole unit. It looks pretty proprietary so I imagine its not something Canadian tire carries.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Are you referring to the bit that twists into the housing, connectsto the wiring and holds the bulb?
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
pat.m.ryan

Post by pat.m.ryan »

Yep. The bulb can 'overspin' in the socket and the contacts don't touch.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Ah. I think I've seen one at the garage. Gotta go back on Sunday to swap out a Helix clutch so I'lll check then.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...