Reminder: Have an escape route

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Quo Vadimus

Reminder: Have an escape route

Post by Quo Vadimus »

I hope you all can forgive me for this brief Grandpa Vadimus lecture on safety and awareness.

Before they took the pictures down, I saw on a local news site today what happens when a motorcyclist stops for traffic in front of him, and the semi behind the biker doesn't stop. I didn't know the rider. The article stated that he was 30 years old and geared up.

Especially those of us who aren't graced by California's allowance for filtering: expecting and planning for drivers to do stupid things doesn't stop when your wheels stop. Keep your eye on your mirrors. Have your escape route planned. Stay vigilant. Think about a brake light modulator, or if you're cheap like me, if it's a situation where you're already stopped, you can just "modulate" your brake light yourself when cars are approaching by letting go and squeezing the lever a few times.

Do as much as you can to be as close as you can to safe, all of the time. I like you people. I want you to stick around for awhile.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

As they saying goes: "you can't fix stupid!"

I still watch my mirrors plenty.