Tour de France

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrstone

Tour de France

Post by jrstone »

Who else thinks it would be a fun ride? On a scooter of course... forget cycling. That looks like the opposite of fun.

I'm addicted to watching it and it's only because of the scenery (I mean the towns and countryside, not the bike shorts).
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tour de France

Post by jrsjr »

jrstone wrote:Who else thinks it would be a fun ride? On a scooter of course... forget cycling. That looks like the opposite of fun.

I'm addicted to watching it and it's only because of the scenery (I mean the towns and countryside, not the bike shorts).
I like the idea, but it would be slow going on the steep climbs.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

jrsjr wrote:
jrstone wrote:Who else thinks it would be a fun ride? On a scooter of course... forget cycling. That looks like the opposite of fun.

I like the idea, but it would be slow going on the steep climbs.
Yeah, but everything's in French. And as been said before, they got a different word for every one of ours. How inconsiderate! :wink:
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

I dream about it every time I watch. I swear, if Nibali gets popped for doping I am done with this race though...
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Retro Tour pic.
Attachments
Tour Bikes.jpg
Tour Bikes.jpg (93.16 KiB) Viewed 810 times
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

A bicycle is the only way to do it.
The Racer's Motto:
Broken bones heal,
Chicks dig the scars,
The pain is temporary,
but the glory is forever!
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

Tazio wrote:A bicycle is the only way to do it.
Not for me. I feel like dying after 10 miles on a bike. I'm thinking a Vespa GTS 300.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

charlie55 wrote: Yeah, but everything's in French. And as been said before, they got a different word for every one of ours. How inconsiderate! :wink:
Steve Martin wrote:"Chapeau" means "hat". "Oeuf" means "egg". It's like, those French have a different word for everything!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

I've cut way back on cycling. Used to do 400 miles a week. This week I only went 160. Age is catching up with me. :(
The Racer's Motto:
Broken bones heal,
Chicks dig the scars,
The pain is temporary,
but the glory is forever!
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Could be very cool on a scooter or a bike. I would jump at the chance to do either! Talk about the trip of a lifetime.

Of course the tour de espana has some most incredible views and oh so steep, something like 18-24 degree gradients as I recall.
TVB

Post by TVB »

A very, very long time ago, during the summer between high school and college, one of my friends and I did a Tour de Grande-Bretagne. For over a month we rode our bikes (and to save ourselves a lot of grueling mileage, took them on the train) through England, Wales, and Scotland, camping along the way. It was a great experience, but it was during that trip that I first got the idea that traveling that way could be better (in many ways) with an engine. You're still in that environment, but have the leisure to focus on more than just spinning the wheels. And of course that's why, when I started shopping for a commuter scooter, I immediately started thinking about using it to do a little travel here and there around Michigan, and camp at state parks.