Low Profile Seat

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

Low Profile Seat

Post by skipper20 »

ScooterWorks has the new low profile seat for the Blur 220i in stock at $189 plus delivery. Their write-up does say that the low profile reduces under seat storage space but they also say that if you have trouble flat footing it when coming to a stop you're really going to like the new seat. Has anyone bought one or if you're planning on buying one, your comments would be appreciated. TIA,

Bill in Seattle
'12 170i Italia
'11 220i Blur
blurdog

Post by blurdog »

Don't know if you are still interested in this, but I just got a low profile seat - Christmas came early! I also got a very neat seat cover from Cheeky Seats, black with an orange piping. Together they are great. I'm near 6', so I did not have a problem reaching the ground, but the stock seat was very uncomfortable. I have tried to analyze this, but the closest I can say is that it tried to push me forward so that I sat mostly on the slope to the passenger seat. The new low profile seat is much more comfortable, as it is somehow softer despite having less stuffing. The upper/passenger seat is about in the same place, which pushes me forward some, but being lower to the footrest, it is much more comfortable to sit a little forward with my feet back. My wife, on the other hand, could not reach the ground, and now she can. The new seat definitely gave her the ability to ride my Blur (great), so if that was your issue, this seat is worth getting.
karl utrecht

Low profile seat

Post by karl utrecht »

I have just ordered one of the low profile seats from Scooterworks, and am hoping for the best. I'll let you know after a while of riding the 220i with the new seat on it. I'm just 1/4" short of 6' tall, so this will be a good test of comfort.

This, combined with the Ride-Ease
seatback should really work out well for me. I sure hope so.

Blurdog, are you still pleased with yours?

Thanks for your feelings about this seat.

karlu
las cruces, nm
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

A friend of mine got a Blur 220 about a month ago, cannot ride comfortably at this point, I think she is overly concerned about not being able to 'flat foot' at stops. I'm confident that the 'low-pro' seat will do the trick for her as our dealer feels the same as well.
Question: How difficult would the instal be for the average 'mechanical moron'?
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
toot

Post by toot »

You just unscrew the original one and screw the new one on!!! One of the easiest mods you can do!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :D :D :D :D
Ride Safe, post pictures!!!!
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Toot,
Thanks, that's what I thought. Verified by just looking at my Buddy, I figured it wasn't any different. My friend just wanted me to ask to assure her...
Nullius in verba
toot

Post by toot »

I got the low profile but I still have one foot or both very tippy toes. My inseam is 28". If hers is longer that it will be better. Just was not safe at all with stock seat. Take care
Scoot Dog

Re: Low profile seat

Post by Scoot Dog »

karl utrecht wrote:I have just ordered one of the low profile seats from Scooterworks, and am hoping for the best. I'll let you know after a while of riding the 220i with the new seat on it. I'm just 1/4" short of 6' tall, so this will be a good test of comfort.

karlu
las cruces, nm
Scoot Dog

Post by Scoot Dog »

karl utrecht wrote:I have just ordered one of the low profile seats from Scooterworks, and am hoping for the best. I'll let you know after a while of riding the 220i with the new seat on it. I'm just 1/4" short of 6' tall, so this will be a good test of comfort.

karlu
las cruces, nm
Scoot Dog

Post by Scoot Dog »

karlu
las cruces, nm
thespivster

Post by thespivster »

How did the low profile seat work out??
karl utrecht

Low profile seat

Post by karl utrecht »

I got the seat, installed it, and used it for a couple of rides...to answer your question, I think it positioned me too low, and I sold it. For someone who is shorter I think it may be fine, but for me at just under 6' the main thing it did was make my legs fold even more. I didn't notice very much difference in comfort of the seat itself.

Karlu
Las Cruces, NM

Ps the person who bought it has let me know it's quite a positive improvement.
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

karl utrecht wrote:Ps the person who bought it has let me know it's quite a positive improvement.
Yes, she is quite pleased with it. It has transformed the scoot from an expensive tool rack in the shed to something of enjoyment.
Now, if I can only get her to join the forum to brag about herself.... :roll:
Nullius in verba
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Purchased my Blur last week and immediately swapped out the seat with the PGO seat from Scooterworks. It was $189 well-invested in my case. The bike and my 30" inseam are now in harmony...
TygerCub

Post by TygerCub »

:? Wish they had that shorter seat a couple of years ago! I was so disgusted with the way the stock seat was sloped, I said the hell with it and made my own! Yes, I lost some under-seat space, but the flat, level surface made the Blur so much more comfortable to ride! I had no problems taking longer day-trips just for the fun of it. :P

Sadly, I gotta sell this puppy now, though. I'm sure going to miss this little guy! :cry: