I finally did it

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

agrogod

I finally did it

Post by agrogod »

After about 5 or 6 years depending on when my RH50 was put in the showroom, the original battery finally gave out.
Sitting at a stop light the left blinker started to speed up and act wonky. Knew from reading enough of these posts it was the battery giving out.
Found a replacement at Advanced Auto for $35 after the core return charge. Also needed a battery charger so picked one up at Wally mart for $29. It was a 6 amp charger with a 3 amp maintainer and auto switching between the two modes.
Filled the battery with the supplied acid pack and it charged in about 1 hour, so I was able to get back out and about without having to wait hours for a battery to charge.
All the electrics work as they are supposed to now. Thanks to the MB forums for supplying me with enough knowledge to diagnose simple problems like this and not having to spend to much time figuring out what the issue is.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

wait until you get our bill
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

I can only pay with potato chips at the moment. :P
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

Be sure to let us know how long the new one lasts.

The one I bot last year from AMZN is toast after 10 months (some orange gel batt)....but I was hard on it. So, here is the one I got to replace it this week. I will report back here on how well it performs. It is a Yuasa:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WJX2YA/ref ... 00_TE_item