[DistantlyBR] It looks like the Batmobile, but...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

[DistantlyBR] It looks like the Batmobile, but...

Post by jrsjr »

Where's the 4th wheel? :shock: Okay, it's going to take me a while to save enough pennies to buy one of these, but I think it's probably inevitable. I've wanted a Batmobile since the first time I saw one on a little b&w TV screen in the 60s.
Attachments
To the Batmobile, Robin.
To the Batmobile, Robin.
Polaris Slingshot.jpg (60.33 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Syd

Post by Syd »

That's one interesting vehicle. As much as I dislike the Can-Am Spyder I don't know what to think of this. :?:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

STARSCREAM! Bring me the head of that Autobot...
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The black and grey one looks more like the Batmobile (and that model costs less to boot!). At $20,000 this is something I will simply have to go out and drive at least once. (the Morgan 3 is the one that really calls to me but it will take along time to save up $50,000 in quarters :wink: )
Attachments
slingshot.jpg
slingshot.jpg (9.24 KiB) Viewed 504 times
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Dooglas wrote:The black and grey one looks more like the Batmobile (and that model costs less to boot!).
Agreed!
Dooglas wrote:At $20,000 this is something I will simply have to go out and drive at least once.
Agreed!
Dooglas wrote:(the Morgan 3 is the one that really calls to me
Agreed!
Dooglas wrote:but it will take a long time to save up $50,000 in quarters :wink: )
Agreed!

Despite the fact that this is something you'll probably not want to brag about on here (and especially not on that other site), we are in 99.9999999% agreement on this and the other .0000001% was just a typo I corrected for you when I quoted you above. :wink:
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Geez, looks like an explosion in a razor blade factory.

I would request that anyone who finds this thing attractive complete the following form and PM me a copy:

"I, <Insert name here>, in the presence of God and those here assembled, do hereby declare my utmost appreciation for the visual appeal of the Polaris Slingshot on sole condition that I will never, ever, have the bald-faced brass bananas to say a damned thing about a Honda Helix's appearance".
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

charlie55 wrote:Geez, looks like an explosion in a razor blade factory.

I would request that anyone who finds this thing attractive complete the following form and PM me a copy:

"I, <Insert name here>, in the presence of God and those here assembled, do hereby declare my utmost appreciation for the visual appeal of the Polaris Slingshot on sole condition that I will never, ever, have the bald-faced brass bananas to say a damned thing about a Honda Helix's appearance".
Done! :wink:
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Just adding a bit more grist to the mill:

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/po ... -3-wheeler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zuXWHGEBPT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

az_slynch wrote:Just adding a bit more grist to the mill:

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/po ... -3-wheeler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zuXWHGEBPT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Cool! Thanks for that.