Tips for Driving with a Passenger?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sideswiper

Tips for Driving with a Passenger?

Post by sideswiper »

I have a few lady friends interested in going for a ride on the back.
Looking at the scooter, the seat doesn't seem as accommodating as the Buddy (it's more angled) so this is a Blur-specific question as well as a general scooting question.

What are some obvious and not-so obvious tips for riding your Blur around with a passenger?
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

Make sure they know to lean with you (the same direction) and not to fidget around too much. I was glad when my wife decided she wanted her own scooter because she couldn't ever sit still riding on the back of mine.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Bocette became much better riding pillion once she got her endorsement. Tell your passenger to look to the inside of turns. The Blur is actually much better two up than a Buddy, more room and more power.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
thespivster

Post by thespivster »

Bergerbot

Post by Bergerbot »

Hopefully you got this figured out. The Blur is actually one of the most comfortable seat around - especially for the rear rider. Every woman I've ever had on the back says it was very pleasant and nice (and none of it had anything to to with the vibration ;)

The one thing that everyone does is put their heel on the exhaust though and then then melt their shoe. I don't know why this happens - there is a clear spot for the foot and heel.
@Bergerbot