After a break, Stellauto not starting

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jmp111181

After a break, Stellauto not starting

Post by jmp111181 »

So I haven't ridden my Stellauto in about 2 months.

Went to start it up today, she won't turn over. Any suggestions? Hopefully the video I've attached here will give an idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPas6nk ... e=youtu.be
jmp111181

Post by jmp111181 »

Catching up now...wondering if it's the ECU.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

Hey my friend - try the new ECU.
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

Fresh gas?
Check the spark plug?

I know the Stellauto has a fuel pump and small fuel reservoir above the carb, maybe the scooter needs a little time to pump fuel up to the reservoir?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

So, there is a formal ECU recall. Take your scooter in.

topic27457.html
Tipper

Post by Tipper »

Does the kick start work ? The battery might just need topping up a bit.
Kingundswing

Post by Kingundswing »

So after replacing two ECU units, it still is not getting good compression. Dealer looking for tool to check. It appears Stella Automatic has a smaller insert. Any suggestions?
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

Kingundswing wrote:So after replacing two ECU units, it still is not getting good compression. Dealer looking for tool to check. It appears Stella Automatic has a smaller insert. Any suggestions?
The ECU has nothing to do with compression. How do you know it has low compression? If the dealer doesn't have the (I'm assuming) piece for the compression tester that threads into the spark plug hole, how can he check compression? Low compression could be any number of things, worn piston, rings or cylinder, stuck rings, valves not seating properly, bad/worn valves, valve springs or seats, bad camshaft, improper timing, tappets adjusted improperly, leaking head gasket, etc...
Kingundswing

After a break, stellaauto not starting

Post by Kingundswing »

Dealer finally got Honda tool to check compression. Just got it back Wednesday after month and 1/2 wait. Scooting fine. Hoping for no more stalls.
Elder Scoot

Re: After a break, stellaauto not starting

Post by Elder Scoot »

Kingundswing wrote:Dealer finally got Honda tool to check compression. Just got it back Wednesday after month and 1/2 wait. Scooting fine. Hoping for no more stalls.

Was it a compression issue?
Dooglas

Re: After a break, stellaauto not starting

Post by Dooglas »

Kingundswing wrote:Dealer finally got Honda tool to check compression. Just got it back Wednesday after month and 1/2 wait. Scooting fine. Hoping for no more stalls.
So, why would checking the compression fix anything? Did the dealer do something besides replace the ECU?
Kingundswing

Stella running rough

Post by Kingundswing »

It was running rough after instillation of ECU. Running fine now but does stall briefly (half second) when accelerating at higher speed. This doesn't happen often but after total stall, it is annoying. Mostly enjoying my rides to work and countryside.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Kingundswing wrote:It was running rough after instillation of ECU. Running fine now but does stall briefly (half second) when accelerating at higher speed.
So what did the dealer do after replacing the ECU that made the bike run better. (a compression check certainly did not resolve anything)