Throttle return spring popping out

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jackfiasco

Throttle return spring popping out

Post by jackfiasco »

Hi all. I have 2005 Stella and while I was driving it a week or so ago suddenly the throttle stopped working and had no spring to it. I thought the cable had snapped so I got a new cable and opened it up and saw that the throttle return spring (L shaped hook) had popped out of the hole connecting it to the throttle cable, so I put it back in and good to go. Well it happened again about a week later.

Anyone know why this is happening and if there is any way I can stop it from happening again?

If the hook was longer it could be bent around the bottom so it couldn't pop out but even that would be tough to do as there isn't much room down in that tight little spot to maneuver anything..

Thanks
Jack
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

My 81 P200 is probably set up like yours is as your description sounds like exactly like mine.
I took a needle nose pliers and bent the "L" a bit more inwards.. More like 80 degrees...
Then finaggled it back into it's hole from the top down, so as gravity wont help it any to pop back out.
Then take out the slack in the throttle cable via the cable adjuster.
I took mine up quite a bit. that was a year ago and it hasn't popped out since.
Good Luck
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics