How do you swap out grips on a Stella

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sgtstadanko

How do you swap out grips on a Stella

Post by Sgtstadanko »

N00b question here. Just got a new set of grips from scooterworks to replace my worn out stock grips on my stella 4t. Of course no instructions....how does one remove the old grips and put the new ones on?
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Razor knife and slice it longways like a banana and peel them off and toss them into the recycling bin.
Then, use some hair spray or hair mouse..to lube up the shaft (or inside the new grips) and slide them on.
The hair foam acts as a lube to help them slide on and when it dries...its like a glue to hold them in place.
Good luck
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
Sgtstadanko

Post by Sgtstadanko »

Hmm these are on a 2013 4t. They have the hard chrome plastic ends so I am not sure if they can be sliced off like the solid soft rubber kind on the 2t models.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

SOME folks have had luck with jamming an air hose nozzle end in there where the grip starts and blowing compreesed air in the to nudge them off..
If you plan on trashing the old ones, then go ahead and slice them.. They WILL come off..
Slice all the way to the metal end cap and peel away.
If you plan to re-use them.. then try the shot of air.
good luck
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

I twisted the plastic ends off (broke 'em) Then get some WD-40, slip the straw under the inner end of the grip, and spray. The WD-40 works as a lubricant. Start twisting. It will come off.
srbbnd

Handles

Post by srbbnd »

They slide on and off if you pull/wack them hard enough. Not an easy task to get them on and off to say the least.