2006 Black Cat performance parts?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mistaVR4

2006 Black Cat performance parts?

Post by mistaVR4 »

Hello,

New member here, I'm really happy to have joined this forum! Excellent members and information! I'm not a total nOOb when it comes to 50cc scooters, I have just never modified one before, however, I am new to the 06 black cat I just purchased. I really like this bike a lot, I was told it has been deresricted, which I believe is from the CDI box upgrade? I'm pretty sure because it will hit close to 50mph on flat surfaces and I weigh 205lbs, unfortunately its very sluggish up hills so I'm looking to boost the power as much as possible without doing a BBK just yet. What I'd like to do is find out what path to take? I'd like to do an exhaust, and from what I've read it's a good idea to upgrade the jets in order for the bike to function correctly with an upgraded exhaust. Also, I'm not to sure what brand to purchase or from where?

I would really appreciate any thoughts and advice!

Thanks in advance.

-Steve from Boulder Colorado.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Skip the Prima pipes and look at the Leo Vince pipes. The zuma pipes will work but you made need drill or adjust the mount slightly. I up jetted from an 82 to a 95 after the pipe. I also drilled 6 1/4" holes in the box and removed the snorkel. I've since installed a malossi sport bbk runs very nice.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
mistaVR4

Post by mistaVR4 »

Right on man! thanks for the info, I'll do some looking around for that pipe. Would you happen to know a good supplier/site to find these items for the 50cc?

Any other opinions greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks.
mistaVR4

Post by mistaVR4 »

Well I have found a nice amount of info! I was just hoping I could get some more. Which screw on the carb is for the air/fuel mixture? Also, there is a rather large "hand turning" screw, is this the idle adjustment?

Thanks for any response! The rear tire used to turn slowly then it stopped doing that even with engine at temp?
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

For your up hill sluggishness you will need to upgrade your contra spring. This is located in the CVT housing which holds the Clutch bell assembly, the contra spring is in the housing. The clutch needs to be removed and disassembled to gain access to the spring.
For you weight a 1500 spring should do the trick.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
mistaVR4

Post by mistaVR4 »

Thanks for the info agrogod! Can you recommend a good site to order this spring from?

Thanks!

-Steve
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
mistaVR4

Post by mistaVR4 »

Awesome! Thanks a lot 8)
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Happy I can be of assistance :D