Rear rack modification

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Scooternut

Rear rack modification

Post by Scooternut »

Hi y'all. I'm researching the Stella, and I saw a while back where a guy on here had modified a 2T rear rack for his 4T. He did it because of the type of top box he had chosen. It was a nice looking job, but for the life of me I can't find that posting again to bookmark it. Does anybody here know where to find that posting by any chance? Thanks for the help. (I used the search feature and it came back with over 1600 hits).
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

I don't believe that I found the correct thread, but Slotrod65 pulled it off. Check this thread, you'll need to scroll a bit for pictures:

viewtopic.php?p=311991&highlight=#311991

1111. It's a palindrome any way you look at it.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Johnny O

Post by Johnny O »

Scooternut, Its not a big deal. I did it when I got my 4t and joined this group. Just be prepared you are going to need to drill 2 holes in the 2t rack. I had no issues with the seat bolt as others did. I do recall having to bend the rack a little to get a nice fit, but no biggie.