Anyone have their Stella Title available?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

min2max

Anyone have their Stella Title available?

Post by min2max »

Scooter or Motorcycle on Title? Can anyone take a look at their Stella Title and let me know what it says as I'm stuck at work?

I just called my local Department of Motor Vehicles in Indiana and asked to ask about registration and plate. They said that I don't need anything additional to that if the Title states that the Stella is a "Scooter" and not a "Motorcycle".
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

mine says motorcycle...
min2max

Post by min2max »

Thanks Drum Pro!
CountryJustice

Post by CountryJustice »

"Motorcycle" on my CA title as well.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

It does not do you any good to know titling and registration procedures in states other than your own as it is likely that the rules will be different. Many states title a 150cc scooter as a motorcycle.

And, hey, your sidecar rig looks great!
min2max

Post by min2max »

Thanks everyone. Indiana only requires a motorcycle endorsement if the title states that it's a "Motorcycle". I will be going in for registration, plate, and permit. Looks like I will need to take an exam and an ABATE course.

Dooglas - Thanks! But your Avatar... What is this? A Scoot for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to enjoy scooting... if they can't even fit inside the sidecar?... Sorry, Zoolander reference.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

min2max wrote:Dooglas - Thanks! But your Avatar... What is this? A Scoot for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to enjoy scooting... if they can't even fit inside the sidecar?... Sorry, Zoolander reference.
Well, what can I say. I have owned 3 sidecar rigs at various times, and have a collection of "matchbox" models of scooters and motorcycles. That one is a Schuco Piccolo model of a Zundapp Bella. Boy, would I like to own a real one of those!
Frank Tabor

Post by Frank Tabor »

min2max wrote:Thanks everyone. Indiana only requires a motorcycle endorsement if the title states that it's a "Motorcycle". I will be going in for registration, plate, and permit. Looks like I will need to take an exam and an ABATE course.

Dooglas - Thanks! But your Avatar... What is this? A Scoot for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to enjoy scooting... if they can't even fit inside the sidecar?... Sorry, Zoolander reference.
Wonder if it is because the Stella is a shifter? A Stella rider is more like a motorcycle rider skill wise.
finished 18 in 2014 Scooter Cannonball.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Frank Tabor wrote:Wonder if it is because the Stella is a shifter? A Stella rider is more like a motorcycle rider skill wise.
I believe this is the old "50cc is a moped", "150cc is a motorcycle" deal.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

min2max wrote:Dooglas - Thanks! But your Avatar... What is this? A Scoot for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to enjoy scooting... if they can't even fit inside the sidecar?... Sorry, Zoolander reference.
:)
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

min2max wrote:Thanks everyone. Indiana only requires a motorcycle endorsement if the title states that it's a "Motorcycle". I will be going in for registration, plate, and permit. Looks like I will need to take an exam and an ABATE course.

Everyone I know has only good things to say abotu the ABATE course...but there is a long waiting list, and it is expensive.

Short term solution is to take the Motorcycle skills test. I know they have it once a month down here in Bloomington (when you go to the BMV, ask when the skills test is).

The permit test isn't that hard, once you get past the asinine wording of questions.
min2max

Post by min2max »

I went ahead and got the registration done and decided to take the test just to learn a few things. I ended up passing and have a permit now.

I'm gonna try to walk on to the ABATE course this weekend since it's booked solid in all locations.

Switched out the headlight bulbs for the PIAA's and going to add the VW stabilizer this weekend.
Attachments
Stella Lights
Stella Lights
IMAG0877.jpg (121.37 KiB) Viewed 1320 times