Ya Ever Get In A "Scooter Funk"?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Whimscootie

Ya Ever Get In A "Scooter Funk"?

Post by Whimscootie »

Where you just don't ride for days or weeks?

I've been in one. Took a little ride today. First time in over a week (or 2, I lost count).

Last few weeks I've found every excuse to sit in the house and do this and that, laundry, TV, read, groom dogs, nap, putz around, cook, shop, surf the net, ETC., but not ride!

I can blame the heat and the rain to some degree, but most of the time it's a "scooter funk"!

How about you?

Do you know of this "funk" of which I speak?

Tell us about it!

:P :roll: :shock: 8)
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Have to admit, I had one, too. Heat, rain, a bad reaction to a tetanus booster, lots of reasons not to ride. I got out yesterday, though, to exercise the new/old Vespa, now that it's all really legal, and had some good fun.

Whenever I realize that I'd better put the scoot on the Battery Tender, that's a good indication that maybe I need to get out more! :lol:
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Um...No. I just have a hard time figuring which to ride. I find myself riding the Stella more...
gromitdaddy

Post by gromitdaddy »

My problem is not having been able to really ride for the second summer in a row :(
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

What Grommet said!!! Last two summers here have been rainy 3/4 of the time, now going into the 5th week of predicted daily rains. Sad part is that if I dont ride, it doesn't rain, if I do ride I get caught in the rain. Shoulda bought a boat!!! :fp:
Growing old is inevitible, being old is not.
So be your self. Every one else is already taken!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I can't say that it happens often...but every once in a while...yeah.

There are also some times, again not often, when I just don't feel like I'm riding at the level I should be...just not in the groove. I'll take a break for a few days...then I just have to get back on!

Riding is just as much, if not more, mental awareness as physical ability. I will say that I have an easier time not riding due to something physical than to not being in the mood. It has taken me a long time to learn but if I just don't feel like riding there is probably some good reason and now I pay attention to those feelings.

Yeah, I'm getting old! :mrgreen:
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
bluebessie

Post by bluebessie »

I think I am far too new for that to happen yet. I ride just to ride and enjoy it even if I cannot think of somewhere to go or what to do. I seem to be buying far less at the grocery store at once just to have an excuse to go back in a day or two ;)
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

BuddyRaton wrote:I can't say that it happens often...but every once in a while...yeah.

There are also some times, again not often, when I just don't feel like I'm riding at the level I should be...just not in the groove. I'll take a break for a few days...then I just have to get back on!

Riding is just as much, if not more, mental awareness as physical ability. I will say that I have an easier time not riding due to something physical than to not being in the mood. It has taken me a long time to learn but if I just don't feel like riding there is probably some good reason and now I pay attention to those feelings.

Yeah, I'm getting old! :mrgreen:
This is part of it for me. If I am caught up in a lot of stressors or just plain tired from work, errands, chasing dogs around, etc. then I won't ride because I know my focus is not 100%.

It has GOT to be 100% because I know that ONE lapse in ability to pay attention to what is going on around me could be dangerous.

Been there, done that with "close calls".

Thanks be to my guardian angels on those... :)
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
TVB

Re: Ya Ever Get In A "Scooter Funk"?

Post by TVB »

Whimscootie wrote:Where you just don't ride for days or weeks?
Yes. I call it "winter".
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Uh... nope, not yet. But I've only been riding for 6 years or so.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
bluebessie

Re: Ya Ever Get In A "Scooter Funk"?

Post by bluebessie »

TVB wrote:
Whimscootie wrote:Where you just don't ride for days or weeks?
Yes. I call it "winter".
:rofl:

I am trying to prep for winter. I hate winter though and after last year's I am afraid to see much of the same. I do hope to ride as much as I can though.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Ah winter!...Prime time riding season!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Slam

Post by Slam »

I've only had mine a few months, so no boredom yet. I was going through withdrawal last week when we went to the beach. After a six hour drive home I unpacked in ten minutes and went for a long ride.
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

I always say if you don't feel like riding, Don't! As mentioned by Whimscootie above, if you can't concentrate 110% you will probably find trouble.
The Racer's Motto:
Broken bones heal,
Chicks dig the scars,
The pain is temporary,
but the glory is forever!
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

been driving my vehicle more each week this spring/summer than riding either/both of my bikes; finally get the insatiable urge to ride to work every day this week and there's rain in the forecast... :cry:
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

never. though i prefer to ride motorcycles these days the scooter has its place
Riding is riding