Protective Eye Gear - DOT!?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Melody

Protective Eye Gear - DOT!?

Post by Melody »

So...I just put a down payment on a Cream 2006 125cc Buddy that I have decided to name 'Kevin' (does anyone else have a name for theirs?). I unfortunatley can not pick up my new pal until next Tuesday and find myself pineing over it.

Anyway, as a scooter virgin I am trying to find "cool and hip" alternatives to ugly googles. Does anyone have suggestions on googles that are not so blah?

Help would be appreciated. I also welcome any pointers you may have for a new scooter owner.
Peace and Love
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Well, helmets with eye protection built in are a good way to go, but there are a wealth of goggles out there that are pretty darned cool looking...

Can't say that I know whether or not any of them are DOT-approved, though.

Lots of neat ones here:
http://www.classicpartsltd.com/classicm ... oggles.htm
Huh? What just happened?
Melody

Opps - DOT sunglasses?

Post by Melody »

Great -- I like those a lot!!

I mean to put DOT approved sunglasses. Do you reccommend clear or tinted lenses??
Peace and Love
Dave R
Dealer

Post by Dave R »

We have sold quite a few of these to scooterist, fun helmet comes witth a dark and clear shield, priced at $114
Dave R
Ducati Seattle

http://www.agv.com/2006_AGV_RANGE/DRAGO ... TBLACK.htm
Attachments
DRAGONFLATBLACKAG291.jpg
DRAGONFLATBLACKAG291.jpg (11.67 KiB) Viewed 1908 times
Ducati Seattle/Genuine Scooters Seattle is now on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Genuine-S ... 555?ref=ts
Please become a fan
dahuffy

Re: Protective Eye Gear - DOT!?

Post by dahuffy »

Melody wrote:So...I just put a down payment on a Cream 2006 125cc Buddy that I have decided to name 'Kevin' (does anyone else have a name for theirs?). I unfortunatley can not pick up my new pal until next Tuesday and find myself pineing over it.

Anyway, as a scooter virgin I am trying to find "cool and hip" alternatives to ugly googles. Does anyone have suggestions on googles that are not so blah?

Help would be appreciated. I also welcome any pointers you may have for a new scooter owner.
My husband's name is Kevin and he has the Cream Buddy :rofl:
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
paige

Post by paige »

Get a full face helmet.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

paige wrote:Get a full face helmet.
I do tend to agree...
Huh? What just happened?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Dave R wrote:We have sold quite a few of these to scooterist, fun helmet comes witth a dark and clear shield, priced at $114
I love the look of the Dragon, which is a nice, lower-priced alternative to pricey Caberg and Roof "jet pilot" models. But since I'll need an XXL, I fear that it'll look like a giant dark orb hovering over my scoot.

I've also heard that when riding with a windshield, a lot of air can get directed under the visor, which would obviously be kind of annoying.
BoneGirl

Goggles and hints

Post by BoneGirl »

I have to agree wholeheartedly that a full face helmet is the way to go; use your own sunglasses. As far as virgin scooter advice, return to the Index and look at all the posts for "First Time Advice". That should help a lot. Have fun!
Dave R
Dealer

Post by Dave R »

We always recommend full coverage first for IMO obvious reasons !! But sometimes it is just a push to convince customers that there really is a good argument for wearing a helmet, besides it being the law !

Sorry to stray from the fact that Melody picked up "Kevin" today !! thank you...I hope you found the helmet/eye wear solution !
Ducati Seattle/Genuine Scooters Seattle is now on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Genuine-S ... 555?ref=ts
Please become a fan
Hypermotarded

Keep your eyes!

Post by Hypermotarded »

Hi Melody, it's Gabe. Thanks again for picking up your buddy. Hope you're out there having fun and hope your sister is coping.

Anyway, on the subject of eye protection, you are actually the first of my almost 100 scooter customers that has left here without it. Makes me nervous. Please get something soon. Not to sound like a profiteer or anything, but consider coming in here, buying my cheapest crapiest dot-certified goggles and wearing them until you find something cooler. They run about $12 which is way cheaper than an eye.

OK. I'm done. I know i'm not your dad, or a small cricket that has been appointed 'your concience' by a passing fairy so be safe and have fun out there. 8)
Ducati Seattle is at your service. If you have buddy questions or needs, call me at (206) 298-9995. Keep the rubber side down out there kids.
JerryG

Post by JerryG »

I got these at a cycle shop and love them.

http://www.broadswordservices.net/bobst ... FQodTxmgqA
Attachments
bobster.jpg
bobster.jpg (3.86 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
Scoot On!

Jerry
Melody

I'm okay! No riding yet :(

Post by Melody »

Okay peeps. Stop worrying about my eyes!!! I still have them. Yes, novice here -- but not a complete moron ;)

Kev the scoot is parked, and he will stay parked until I get my motorcycle permit -- SO...I had some time to buy some. IN FACT! I ordered a pair online today :) Once that I like and will cover my precious eyes.

Thanks for the pointers/concern.
Peace and Love
FlyingGary

Post by FlyingGary »

Regarding those aviator glasses (like the Red Baron), are those meant to be worn with or without a helmet (more specifically, is the headband sized to fit around a helmet)?
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

FlyingGary wrote:Regarding those aviator glasses (like the Red Baron), are those meant to be worn with or without a helmet (more specifically, is the headband sized to fit around a helmet)?
Not certain... I wear a full-face.
Huh? What just happened?