Stella clutch cable

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

iamceeps

Stella clutch cable

Post by iamceeps »

Friggin cable snapped while out on a Friday night jaunt with my lady. Anyone know the size cable I need? Also any tips or pointers anyone has would be greatly appreciated, of course my mechanic decides to take 2 weeks off for Labor Day so I'm stuck doing it myself.
I want all you skinheads to get up on your feet, put your braces together, and your boots on your feet, and gimme some of that old moonstompin'.
Tipper

Post by Tipper »

misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

You're in San Diego --- In case you haven't already fixed it, go down to Vespa Motorsport and pick one up! (aka scooterwest)
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

misterbrackets wrote:You're in San Diego --- In case you haven't already fixed it, go down to Vespa Motorsport and pick one up! (aka scooterwest)
This. See if they'll sell you one of the 2.0mm heavy-duty cables instead of the standard 1.85mm cable. Be sure to file any burrs off if the barrel end of the cable and dress the clutch lever hole so it won't bind. Check the clutch arm under the motor for burrs or casting flaws.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...