Suggestions for a Scooter Cover Stella 4t

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

srbbnd

Suggestions for a Scooter Cover Stella 4t

Post by srbbnd »

Does anyone use a cover for their scooter? I saw one on Scooterworks and Scooterwest that was nice, but was $90 bucks and I saw a Prima one, but one of the reviews said it melts from the exhaust...

http://www.scooterworks.com/prima-scoot ... -11248.php

http://www.scooterwest.com/items/P-PX-S ... Covers/255

The Dowco one looks questionable
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

I have the prima...
It has a zip open expansion for windshield and topbox, so it fits pretty good on mine with it milkcrate attached.
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

EvilNerdLord wrote:I have the prima...
It has a zip open expansion for windshield and topbox, so it fits pretty good on mine with it milkcrate attached.
Thank you sir, I will probably get that one, you don't have any melting problems with the exhaust?
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Exhaust is tucked underneath, not really. Covers down to edge of floorboard/cowel, but there are bungee clips to hook one side of the cover to the other that would draw it over the exhaust, but my weather here doesn't get bad enough to do a full button down...

Although, I did snag it on the stalla's badge on one of the cowels (my fault, got careless) and broke it...
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
Cam

Post by Cam »

Using this one for several months outdoors on a Stella Auto with front and rear racks and top case. Fits fine in large size and is holding up VERY well. Would buy again at the $40 price!
http://www.amazon.com/Dowco-Scooter-Cov ... B001A3CP3G
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Damn, had a dowco for the cruiser, didn't even think one would work on Stella because of the odd shape...
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

Cam wrote:Image

Using this one for several months outdoors on a Stella Auto with front and rear racks and top case. Fits fine in large size and is holding up VERY well. Would buy again at the $40 price!
http://www.amazon.com/Dowco-Scooter-Cov ... B001A3CP3G
Got this one, think it might have been a large. But it works great, folds up small, only thing I would have liked would have been a little bag for it. But quite happy for the price.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Dowco makes a good cover. My Yager lives outdoors under a Desert Museum Palo Verde tree and is exposed to dust, leaves, seasonal flowers and mourning dove crap. The Dowco cover takes care of most jobs. I'd Scotchguard my next one and add soft felt to areas that touch paint, as it occasionally sands the paint a little if the cover gets ruffled by high winds.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Johnny O

Post by Johnny O »

I bought this one on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GQ ... UTF8&psc=1

It fits my 4T perfectly with rack and trunk box installed. Also fully covers fenders and rear with box and rack on. I ordered the XL. I think a large would fit good without a rack. For 38 bucks cant beat it.
Wild Handyman

Post by Wild Handyman »

If the cover is just to keep the dust off inside a garage, the lightweight motorcycle cover I bought at a local dollar store for $10 works. I wouldn't recommend a cheap one for outside in the elements.