stellas across america

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

EvilNerdLord

stellas across america

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Nice article. On the 2012 CBR Team Scooter Trash ran it for Surfers for Autism. We figured...what the heck...we're going to run this anyway...might as well raise some money for a charity.

I got a late start setting it up from Ramallah but we still managed to raise about $3K.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Doesn't sound to bad of a pot for what sounds like an Almost last minute idea....think of how much more with a year to plan!

BTW, how'd the Stella's run/ handle it?
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

EvilNerdLord wrote:Doesn't sound to bad of a pot for what sounds like an Almost last minute idea....think of how much more with a year to plan!

We had a 4T on this year's Cannonball and it did GREAT. Even as a 4T owner, I was impressed and amazed. Granted, it ran pretty slow in the mountains. And Steve didn't push his scoot as hard as many of us. He's a much more patient sort, I guess. He just cruised along at a comfortable speed and took his time.

Maintenance-wise, I think he swapped his tires and did two oil changes. He did very little prep.

He was also on the stock seat, which is just nuts.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

ericalm wrote:
EvilNerdLord wrote:Doesn't sound to bad of a pot for what sounds like an Almost last minute idea....think of how much more with a year to plan!

We had a 4T on this year's Cannonball and it did GREAT. Even as a 4T owner, I was impressed and amazed. Granted, it ran pretty slow in the mountains. And Steve didn't push his scoot as hard as many of us. He's a much more patient sort, I guess. He just cruised along at a comfortable speed and took his time.

Maintenance-wise, I think he swapped his tires and did two oil changes. He did very little prep.

He was also on the stock seat, which is just nuts.
I did a hundred mile loop a few weeks ago and even though the stock seat is fine for all my grocery getting-errand running-jaunting about town riding....that trip got...painful, and had to make breaks frequently, but the SOM recommends stopping every hour anyway, so it worked fine.

BTW, are there upgrade seats for a 4T out yet?
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

You could try swapping on a seat made for a Vespa Rally. They had a humped fuel tank as well and the seat design is relatively interchangeable with the Vespa P/PX line, from which the Stella is derived.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...