Horrible Doccumentation.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Rhuebott5947

Horrible Doccumentation.

Post by Rhuebott5947 »

I was going through the two books that came with the B09R I bought and I was wondering. Why is it that They list all of these part numbers and yet there is no mention of any manufacturer? Its a list of parts and part numbers without any way what so ever to order the part you want. Even the user manual is damn near useless in it's Broken English. I've been over the scooter with a fine tooth comb and know of a few parts I would like to acquire but The Documentation doesn't even mention who manufactured the thing. So I guess OEM parts are out of the question. Thank God for the Diagrams though. That is an amazingly useful piece of information.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I hope you have a good dealer support cos it sounds like your gonna need it. Sourcing parts may be a bit difficult.....
Rhuebott5947

Post by Rhuebott5947 »

Yea I know. I've never seen a professionally printed user manual or parts catalog with no company info in it in my life. Aparently Peace Power Sports. In Texas may have sold these at one time so I'm Emailing them hoping for some info. I'd love to know if I over paid for the thing.
RiderK

Re: Horrible Doccumentation.

Post by RiderK »

Rhuebott5947 wrote:I was going through the two books that came with the B09R I bought and I was wondering. Why is it that They list all of these part numbers and yet there is no mention of any manufacturer? Its a list of parts and part numbers without any way what so ever to order the part you want. Even the user manual is damn near useless in it's Broken English. I've been over the scooter with a fine tooth comb and know of a few parts I would like to acquire but The Documentation doesn't even mention who manufactured the thing. So I guess OEM parts are out of the question. Thank God for the Diagrams though. That is an amazingly useful piece of information.
What's the manufacturer of the scooter? I can at least lead you to someone that could point you in the right direction if I knew who made it.
2014 Roughhouse, S6 Sp Pro Mk2, C16 city, Athena full circle, 19 PHBG, Voca cf reeds, S6 TC clutch red spr, Polini vario, NCY tq drvr, premix, Polini tach temp voltage gauge, LEDs all around
Rhuebott5947

Post by Rhuebott5947 »

That's the thing. The most Info That has popped up is that it most likely is TPGS-810 50CC and Peace Sports Inc. Has sold something similar with the B09R on the side of the scooter.
RiderK

Post by RiderK »

Shit, that's one of the problems with the Chinese scooters. Although they aren't a specific dealer of your scooter you may try to call Wicks Wheels in Bloomington Indiana. Bryan is a hell of a guy and may be able to get info for you and help you out. He's awesome with customer service. They generally deal with Genuine amd Kymco but may be able to help. Also you could contact Enviromoto because I think he has connections for the info you need. Look them up man.
2014 Roughhouse, S6 Sp Pro Mk2, C16 city, Athena full circle, 19 PHBG, Voca cf reeds, S6 TC clutch red spr, Polini vario, NCY tq drvr, premix, Polini tach temp voltage gauge, LEDs all around
Rhuebott5947

Post by Rhuebott5947 »

Thanks for the Help
RiderK

Post by RiderK »

Rhuebott5947 wrote:Thanks for the Help
You're very welcome man. I hope at least one of them can help you.
Syd

Post by Syd »

If it's a ChinaScoot another resource might be Scoot Dawg, now http://itistheride.boards.net/. It's a forum for and of ChinaScootOwners. Good source of info.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

Rhuebott5947 wrote:I was going through the two books that came with the B09R I bought and I was wondering. Why is it that They list all of these part numbers and yet there is no mention of any manufacturer? Its a list of parts and part numbers without any way what so ever to order the part you want. Even the user manual is damn near useless in it's Broken English. I've been over the scooter with a fine tooth comb and know of a few parts I would like to acquire but The Documentation doesn't even mention who manufactured the thing. So I guess OEM parts are out of the question. Thank God for the Diagrams though. That is an amazingly useful piece of information.
What's a "BO9R"?

Bill in Seattle
'09 150 Blackjack
'12 170i Italia
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

skipper20 wrote:What's a "BO9R"?
That is precisely the OP's issue. He does not know either. One of the many Chinascoots of uncertain manufacture, and model name made up by an importer or reseller.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Manufacturer's name should be on the VIN plate. For example:

agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Doing a simple internet search I came up with the following info.
Manufacturer/Importer: Womoto Inc. City of Industry, CA. out of business or relocated, inclined to think they were a fly by night outfit.

Some parts may be available from this link http://www.peaceindustrygroup.com/197-scooter-parts but there is nothing specific as to model

Specifications are as follows

Controls / Safety/Warranty: 6 Month Engine and Frame
Engine Type: CVT, 4-stroke, Single Cylinder, 49cc
Cooling: Air Cooled
Carburetor: 4 Stroke
Ignition: CDI Electronic
Starter: Electric with keys, Kick start back-Up
Max. Speed: 30+ mph
Transmission: CVT-Fully Automatic
Gears/Pattern: N/A
Drive Line: Belt
Front Suspension: Dual Hydraulic
Rear Suspension: Hydraulic Spring Coil Over Shock
Front Brake: ABS Hydraulic Disc
Rear Brake: Drum
Front Tire: 120/70-12
Rear Tire: 130/70-12 Aluminum Alloy Rims
OA Length: 75"
OA Height: 45"
Wheelbase: 51.2 inches
Height to Seat: 31" inches
Ground Clearance: 4.8" inches
Battery: 12V/7Ah
Spark Plug: C7HSA (NGK), A7T, A7RT
Fuel Tank: 5.4 L
Max. Loading Capacity: 290 lbs
Vehicle Weight: 220 lbs.
Storage: Underneath seat, Trunk

In Store Price: $1040.86 + tax

This is a cheap China scoot with various apparent styling from several different manufacturers. You may be able to source parts for common GY-6 50 scooters. this means doing a whole lot of research before actually ordering anything. Hope you didn't overpay for your ride.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Rhuebott5947

Post by Rhuebott5947 »

I'm sure I did. For a 2011 I put out $800 So yea got burned a bit but Ya live ya learn.
Syd

Post by Syd »

You might find the manufacturer at one of these sites:
http://2strokebuzz.com/scooter-vins
http://www.scooterfocus.com/chinese_sco ... urers.html

The first three characters of the VIN should be the manufacturer. But ScootDawg/Its the Ride is going to be your best site. they know the scoots from the mainland.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Rhuebott5947

Post by Rhuebott5947 »

I wanted to thank everybody for their help. I looked on the VIN plate and got the info I needed. Didn't even think about that feeling really Blond right now.