Choosing between Stella Manual/auto and Buddy 170i

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

supercatwoman2003

Choosing between Stella Manual/auto and Buddy 170i

Post by supercatwoman2003 »

I am new to the moped/scooter group. I've always wanted one but living in the country (rode ATV's & snowmobiles) it was not the most ideal. now that I'm in a bustling never stopping city, working and attending college the opportunity presents its self.

I was fist looking at vespa-I LOVE the classic look and they have a great rep, but the dealer is a jerk in the only one in Austin and I can not drop $6k (taxes+license fee). started looking around at other options. I found KYMCO like 200i, Lance scooters and Genuine scooters as other contenders.

my needs: needing to do 55+mph, great gas millage, decent gas tank size and something that isn't to big for my fun sized 5'2 frame. plus a little classic looking still.

to meet those needs I found Stella auto/manual, Buddy 170i and & kymco like 200i. Kymco is nixed-a lot of reviews stating the mph and engine isn't enough. which is a big deal when in traffic and speed/distance needs. I am not educated enough yet on genuine scooters, which is why I came here. The stella and buddy are with in my budget, they should do the speed/distance I need and they are both fun looking in their own way.

Can I get pro's and con's between the two? personal preference and why?

thank you for helping with my understanding on these two difference scooters.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'm going to close this one because the post in General is going to get more views and response.

Here it is: topic27851.html
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…