MY Frequently Asked Question.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Rhuebott5947

MY Frequently Asked Question.

Post by Rhuebott5947 »

I've owned a Scooter for a little over a week now. It seems like everyone I know is asking the same question. "Did you lose your license ?" They are shocked that someone with my standing on drunk driving is driving a scooter. OF course around here they have another name for them They are called "Drunk Cycles". Granted that is not why I drive one. I bought one because my main transportation broke down and was a huge money pit. And my Backup was a $129 Bike from Wal-Mart and I had a 33.2 mile commute to work. Absolutely love my scooter. Just needs a bit of work.
Christophers

Re: MY Frequently Asked Question.

Post by Christophers »

Rhuebott5947 wrote:I've owned a Scooter for a little over a week now. It seems like everyone I know is asking the same question. "Did you lose your license ?" They are shocked that someone with my standing on drunk driving is driving a scooter. OF course around here they have another name for them They are called "Drunk Cycles". Granted that is not why I drive one. I bought one because my main transportation broke down and was a huge money pit. And my Backup was a $129 Bike from Wal-Mart and I had a 33.2 mile commute to work. Absolutely love my scooter. Just needs a bit of work.
So.... Did you lose your license?
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

The whole "did you lose your license" question annoys the hell out of me. Due to anxiety issues, I never learned to drive a car in the first place, and my scooter's the biggest thing I've ever been brave enough to ride/drive.

And the people who call 50cc scoots "liquor cycles"... ugh. Some lady on a Scarabeo (who insisted her 150cc step-through was a motorcycle, and had a Harley-Davidson license plate holder on the back) laughed when I told her I rode a 50, and said "Oh, we call those dewey (DUI) scoots!" Lady, does my decal-covered, blacked-out, custom-seat-covered Buddy look like a "dewey scoot" to you? I was furious.

I hate people sometimes.
bluebessie

Post by bluebessie »

I've never heard that - though here doesn't matter what CC the scooter is, you need a license to operate it.
Last edited by bluebessie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I ride scooters. I really don't care what anyone else thinks about it! :mrgreen:
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Rhuebott5947

Post by Rhuebott5947 »

Christophers wrote:
Rhuebott5947 wrote:I've owned a Scooter for a little over a week now. It seems like everyone I know is asking the same question. "Did you lose your license ?" They are shocked that someone with my standing on drunk driving is driving a scooter. OF course around here they have another name for them They are called "Drunk Cycles". Granted that is not why I drive one. I bought one because my main transportation broke down and was a huge money pit. And my Backup was a $129 Bike from Wal-Mart and I had a 33.2 mile commute to work. Absolutely love my scooter. Just needs a bit of work.
So.... Did you lose your license?
The answer to that is no.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

BuddyRaton wrote:I ride scooters. I really don't care what anyone else thinks about it! :mrgreen:
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

No matter what you choose to do in life there will ALWAYS be detractors who take shots at you. It is my opinion that they do this to comparatively elevate their own status by reducing yours. DO NOT GIVE THEM THAT POWER! If you ride a Harley the BMW riders might dis you. If you drive a Civic the Cadillac crowd may look down on you. If you drink milk some vegans will get on your case. If you live in the city, subdivision dwellers will question why. Take your pick, this could go on literally for ever.

The next time someone asks if you lost your license you could say, "nope, never felt I needed one in the first place." Add a warm smile at the end.

If someone accuses you of riding a liquor cycle, or a dewy, you could follow that with, "hmmm, does that mean I need to take up drinking now?" Add a warm smile at the end.

You will feel better if you take their power away and control your own emotions. It's hard to do in the heat of the moment, but with practice it gets a lot easier and you will be happy with yourself.

Ride on and enjoy.
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

It sounds like you really love traveling on two wheels. That is the first criteria points.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Rhuebott5947 wrote:I've owned a Scooter for a little over a week now. It seems like everyone I know is asking the same question. "Did you lose your license ?"
Screw them.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
TVB

Post by TVB »

Did you lose your license?
No, I just found my bliss.
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

TVB wrote:
:clap: Right on. That 125 is treating you good? It's a workhorse.
bluebessie

Post by bluebessie »

KrispyKreme wrote:
TVB wrote:
:clap: Right on. That 125 is treating you good? It's a workhorse.
Well said!
Last edited by bluebessie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhuebott5947

Post by Rhuebott5947 »

MY reply is that I drive 360 miles on less thank $15.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

Rhuebott5947 wrote:MY reply is that I drive 360 miles on less thank $15.
But, ironically, with the same emissions.
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
Rhuebott5947

Post by Rhuebott5947 »

Christophers wrote:
Rhuebott5947 wrote:MY reply is that I drive 360 miles on less thank $15.
But, ironically, with the same emissions.
Unfortunately.