Brake Problem?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

blurdog

Brake Problem?

Post by blurdog »

My 2006 Blur sat for about a month and a half before I could ride again. When I rode, there was a rhythmic scraping sound from the rear. This sounded like it does on a car when one sits for a while and rust has developed, so I continued riding, thinking that after using the brakes a few times it would go away. The sound continued, however. Just pushing it around in the yard with the engine off produces this scraping. I am about 35 miles from the shop and am wondering if it is safe to drive it there. Anyone have an idea what this is?
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

How many miles? What do the pads look like. I just replaced my rear pads, they were about done at 8kish miles.
My Blur also rubs a bit in the back and squeals a bit in the front. I kinda like it.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Rippinyarn wrote:My Blur also rubs a bit in the back and squeals a bit in the front. I kinda like it.
Shame this isn't a subject line - it would surely be today's Double Entendre. :rofl: :rofl:
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
blurdog

Post by blurdog »

Well, it's about 15K. I got it used at about 13K, and I think that the pads were replaced before I got it, so it is probably about due. I'll check them out. I figured if they were worn, they would just make the gravelly sound when braking, but I'll have a look. Thanks-
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Sounds like the caliper is stuck or the disc is warped. I would think driving it should be fine though unless the disc is getting red hot while riding.