blur 150 or Kymco People s200

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ghooper

blur 150 or Kymco People s200

Post by Ghooper »

I am looking for some opeinions on these scooters from people who have ridden both. I know a good bit about both, have ridden a Kymco 125 but am wondering how they compare in terms of everyday riding. I know the Blur will handle better; can it also occasionally go on the highway despite having smaller tires? Any information from people who have ridden both enough to compare them would be appreciated. Thanks,
Gerry
CraigK

Post by CraigK »

I haven't any experience with the Kymco People 200S, but my wife rides a People 150 and I a Blur 150, so, for what it is worth, here it is:
The Kymco is quicker, quieter and a tad faster than my Blur, with a seat which, due to being flat, gives more room for moving around on on long rides: more comfort.
OTOH, the Blur has better brakes and handles better. My wife is averaging 72 mpg on her scooter, while I am averaging 80 mpg on mine.
Hope this helps.

Craig in Northern Utah
CraigK

Post by CraigK »

On the highway thing: if by 'highway' you mean speed limits of 55 or less, I guess you could take a Blur there. A freeway? While a 150cc is legal to ride there, I would not. It is stable at it's top speed of an indicated 60 mph (at 4500 ft altitude) but it has nothing left.
I often take a secondary highway with a 55 speed limit to a town about 20 miles north of here, and it is a good ride, but is is two lanes in each direction so cars are able (and do) to pass me.

Craig in Northern Utah