2007 Blur 150 Valve Lash

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CraigK

2007 Blur 150 Valve Lash

Post by CraigK »

I bought a 2007 Blur a month or three ago, and just today I noticed a sticker in the pet compartment that listed tune up information. A line I do not understand is 'Valve Lash: Non Adjustable'
Does this mean that the valves never need adjusting? How can that be: I am sure they are not hydraulic valves.
I bought the scooter used about three months ago with just over 2400 miles on it. The PO said he had just had it serviced, the oil was clean and it ran great. Today I hit the 3,000 mile mark, the oil is still clean and it still runs great, but I would like to know what to expect.
BTW, I am glad to be here, and look forward to getting to know the members and pick their brains.

Craig in Northern Utah :D
Attachments
Blur 1.jpg
Blur 1.jpg (44.21 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Blur 1.jpg
Blur 1.jpg (44.21 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Keep your oil clean and follow the manual for other services and you should get plenty of miles. The other thing to watch is the CVT belt. Since you have 3k miles you may be getting closer to needing one. The 220i needs a new belt every 4k or so. I would think the 150's may last longer since it has less stress.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Check out the Blur service manual here:

http://www.modernbuddy.com/pdf/G-MAX_OWNER.pdf

The periodic maintenance table (about 15 pages into the document) call for the valves to be adjusted "when necessary" (How's that for vague?). Both have the same clearance (0.08mm - cold).

I had an '06, and the '07 is exactly same same except for the color choices. I bought mine new and checked the valves at 300Km. They were spot-on then, and even 5000Km.

While your valves are most likely fine, it wouldn't hurt to check them once a year. Chances are that they won't even need to be touched.
CraigK

Post by CraigK »

Thanks, guys!