Vespa horncast on my Stella

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

caffeine65

Vespa horncast on my Stella

Post by caffeine65 »

I figured the first mod I'd make to my Stella would be something that enhances safety, like, say, better lighting… and then I blew it.

Ordered this a while back and finally put it on this morning. It bolted right on with no modifications whatsoever to the factory setup or the scooter.

Sorry for the crappy pic. This winter, I'll have it painted to (hopefully) match and take some better photos. Until then, at least it's black.

I like the more elegant lines of this horncast over the blocky original. Very pleased!
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Looks good...
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

Looks good! I agree, it compliments the contours of the bike better. I did the same thing on my blue stella, but left the horncast black.
matto

Post by matto »

I've always liked that one better!
min2max

Post by min2max »

Damn, that looks great! I need one in chrome...
caffeine65

Post by caffeine65 »

misterbrackets wrote:Looks good! I agree, it compliments the contours of the bike better. I did the same thing on my blue stella, but left the horncast black.
matto wrote:I've always liked that one better!
Actually it was a MB thread featuring killer photos by you two that convinced me to order the part. (although, I can't find that thread to save my life now!)
caffeine65

Post by caffeine65 »

misterbrackets wrote:Looks good! I agree, it compliments the contours of the bike better. I did the same thing on my blue stella, but left the horncast black.
I meant to ask, did you paint the grill yourself?
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

Yeah, I just masked off the surrounding area and painted it with chrome spray paint. Classy!! :)
caffeine65

Post by caffeine65 »

misterbrackets wrote:Yeah, I just masked off the surrounding area and painted it with chrome spray paint. Classy!! :)
:lol: Well it looks great in the photo. How is the paint holding up, considering the punishment it must get from rocks and debris? I may do something similar.
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

The paint's holding up fine .... after about a year and a half. Looks good in person, too.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

caffeine65 wrote:
matto wrote:I've always liked that one better!
Actually it was a MB thread featuring killer photos by you two that convinced me to order the part. (although, I can't find that thread to save my life now!)
Here is the thread in question.

While I am a fan of the P-series horncast, I'm a bit surprised that I haven't seen a Stella with a Vespa T5 horncast yet:

At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Raputtak

Post by Raputtak »

I wonder just how many Vespa parts one could install and yet still call it a Stella?
caffeine65

Post by caffeine65 »

az_slynch wrote:While I am a fan of the P-series horncast, I'm a bit surprised that I haven't seen a Stella with a Vespa T5 horncast yet
DO IT!!!! I love to see that!
Raputtak wrote:I wonder just how many Vespa parts one could install and yet still call it a Stella?
Good question, considering the seemingly endless selection of interchangeable Vespa parts!