Air box

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Stilts

Air box

Post by Stilts »

If I'm going to install a RAM air filter, is there any reason to keep the airbox? EVAP is already disconnected.
srbbnd

Re: Air box

Post by srbbnd »

Stilts wrote:If I'm going to install a RAM air filter, is there any reason to keep the airbox? EVAP is already disconnected.
No but good luck trying to get it off.
Stilts

Re: Air box

Post by Stilts »

srbbnd wrote:
Stilts wrote:If I'm going to install a RAM air filter, is there any reason to keep the airbox? EVAP is already disconnected.
No but good luck trying to get it off.
I had it off when I had to drop the engine to remove the head to pull the broken plug out.

Not saying I relish the idea of doing all that again!
rms344

Post by rms344 »

Don't wanna hijack the thread but on a related topic, I'm replacing the stock air filter with a foam filter and am not sure what to do with the hose from the EVAP canister that goes into the hose from the airbox to the carb. Can I leave it disconnected or should I just remove the whole EVAP system?
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

rms344 wrote:Don't wanna hijack the thread but on a related topic, I'm replacing the stock air filter with a foam filter and am not sure what to do with the hose from the EVAP canister that goes into the hose from the airbox to the carb. Can I leave it disconnected or should I just remove the whole EVAP system?
Remove the whole system. It's practically pointless.

Another question. I've successfully installed the RAMair filter after ripping out the hose from the airbox to the carb. I noticed there's a breather tube from the engine connected to the airbox. If I do decided to remove the airbox because I'm bored one afternoon and feel like some relatively unnecessary wrenching, what would I do what that breather tube? Just let it hang?
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

Stilts wrote:
rms344 wrote:Don't wanna hijack the thread but on a related topic, I'm replacing the stock air filter with a foam filter and am not sure what to do with the hose from the EVAP canister that goes into the hose from the airbox to the carb. Can I leave it disconnected or should I just remove the whole EVAP system?
Remove the whole system. It's practically pointless.

Another question. I've successfully installed the RAMair filter after ripping out the hose from the airbox to the carb. I noticed there's a breather tube from the engine connected to the airbox. If I do decided to remove the airbox because I'm bored one afternoon and feel like some relatively unnecessary wrenching, what would I do what that breather tube? Just let it hang?
Either put a filter on the end of the hose or remove the hose and put one on the crankcase vent. Unfiltered into the crankcase is not good.