Primo scooter road

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

wheelbender6

Primo scooter road

Post by wheelbender6 »

There is a twisty, 12 mile state park road between Bastrop and Beauscher state parks in Texas, near Austin. We hauled our scoots to the park in the pickup to try it out. Paying the day use fee entitled us to ride Park Road 1C, that twisty 12 mile road, all day.
-The speed limit is 30 mph, so it is safe for 50cc scooters. We were on 125cc scooters, but the speed limit was ample for enjoying the narrow pavement, super tight turns and sudden plunges into creek valleys. I would venture to call Park Road 1C the “Dragon's Tail for Scooters”.
-The landscape is a lush, thick forest near Beauscher State park but the last 6 miles of Park Road 1C are dramatically different. The Bastrop Wildfire devastated the timber. The area still looks a bit like a battle field from WWI. The undergrowth was green again but the surviving trees looked like telephone poles, with no limbs or leaves remaining.
-We capped off the day at a street festival in the Town of Bastrop. There are plenty of places to eat and drink in the historic downtown district.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

So, your quest to tame the elusive 'Texas dragon' has been successful? HUZZAH!
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

That looks some nasty bark beetle damage to those poor trees...beware of wildfires....
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
hackett

Post by hackett »

"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

EvilNerdLord-When I lived in Southern California, a few decades ago, The hot motorcycle road was the Ortega Highway over to Elsinore. I think you would need a 250cc or better scoot to keep up with the traffic on it.
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Used to be a favorite place for bike rides - still a great ride!
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

The Houston-Austin MS-150 still takes this park road every year. I'm more of a flat lander when it comes to riding bicycles.
zohaa

Post by zohaa »

Excellent camera work. I was raised in Asheville, usually come up once or twice a summer to ride in the Bryson City area. Very Happy