McCally Cell Phone Mount

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Slam

McCally Cell Phone Mount

Post by Slam »

I wanted to share a few pics of my McCally phone mount on my 170i.

I started with the Gen-U-Bin drink holder: http://www.scooterdude.us/

Then added the McCally Adjustable Cup Holder cell phone mount: http://www.amazon.com/Macally-Adjustabl ... 002JTWRN8#

Installation is simple. The McCally drops into the cup holder, and you twist the screw knob a few times to tighten it. Voila.

The neck swivels and is adjustable, so it was easy to get the perfect angle. And, it doesn't interfere with the 9v charger. It really holds the phone tight, with or without a case. I'm not worried about the holder or the phone popping out over bumps. Having to glance down at the phone isn't ideal, but I don't feel like I have to divert my eyes from the road for more than a second or two.

craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

That looks a heck of a lot more stable than the cell phone mount I bought off Amazon a couple years ago, back when I had my Metropolitan - it screwed onto the handlebars, and the part that actually held the phone on could be removed if needed. That was where the epic failure happened the first time I tried to use it - phone popped off, startled me, and down I went. I've sworn off cell phone mounts on scooters since - but this one definitely looks sturdier. You'll have to tell me how it works when the scooter's in motion - how stable it is and such.
Slam

Post by Slam »

It actually feels rock solid. I'm not concerned about the phone or the mount coming out. As you'd expect the phone jiggles around while riding but it's still totally easy to read.