Need New Boots for 2013 4T

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

srbbnd

Need New Boots for 2013 4T

Post by srbbnd »

Anyone got any suggestions for some good boots that don't fall apart in a month that will fit my model? I think it is 22 size, not completely sure after my internet searches.
Last edited by srbbnd on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Raputtak

Post by Raputtak »

I just bought (today) a pair of Wolverine work boots. (a.k.a. Contour welt). They appear to give the protection of mo'cycle boots but do not look like such. I also plan to wear them whenever I need a protective boot, i.e. in rough conditions.
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

Raputtak wrote:I just bought (today) a pair of Wolverine work boots. (a.k.a. Contour welt). They appear to give the protection of mo'cycle boots but do not look like such. I also plan to wear them whenever I need a protective boot, i.e. in rough conditions.
I don't know if you were joking, but he meant the rubber boots/feet for the center stand.
Raputtak

Post by Raputtak »

Neurotic-Hapi-Snak wrote:
Raputtak wrote:I just bought (today) a pair of Wolverine work boots. (a.k.a. Contour welt). They appear to give the protection of mo'cycle boots but do not look like such. I also plan to wear them whenever I need a protective boot, i.e. in rough conditions.
I don't know if you were joking, but he meant the rubber boots/feet for the center stand.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Why doesn't use tennis balls like the old folks do on their walkers/Zimmers?
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

Thanks we got a winner. I was actually thinking about trying to find some old walkers and try the boots on them. Or just beat up some elderly and take their walkers and steal their walker boots, but I like those metal boots, look pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretttttty good.
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

Yeah, those metal boots look snazzy and durable - I'm going to get some when mine wear out (on my second set)

Whatever you do, don't bother with the rubber boots you can buy at a hardware store (the type you'd see on crutches, etc) - those don't have the extra material and reinforcement at the bottom and will literally last you for a week.
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

These are a bit of a pain in the ass to install, as the stand is just a tad bit bigger than the hole. I had to file out the inside of the boot a bit.
jkblaq

Post by jkblaq »

I just bought some rubber boots for walking canes, $2.50 at CVS. Works for me, they fit nice and tight.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Stilts wrote:
These are a bit of a pain in the ass to install, as the stand is just a tad bit bigger than the hole. I had to file out the inside of the boot a bit.
The trick is to warm up the boots before installing them and make sure you don't have and scrapes or irregularities in your kick stand legs.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Stilts

Post by Stilts »

az_slynch wrote:
Stilts wrote:
The trick is to warm up the boots before installing them and make sure you don't have and scrapes or irregularities in your kick stand legs.
Oh, they were warmed up, alright. Still took some wicked finangling. Maybe mine were cast/machined poorly.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Possibly. I recently had to pull a pair off of a stand for someone. Now that takes a bit of creativity once they've been on for a while. :roll:

SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

I hope I am not speaking too soon, but I'm hitting my 2annivwrsary with my Stella and she got the same boots on. Granted they aren't the prettiest, but they are still whole and serving their purpose
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

Finally installed these after my giant tan walker boots kept falling off. However, they look more like these:

http://www.scooterworks.com/buzzeti-cen ... s-2537.php

The difference is there is a screw on the bottom, then a rubber piece then a nut that goes on the inside. After you screw the bottom with an allen wrench on the bottom it will eventually push the rubber down and make it expand which helps keep the boots more snug. They fit great, and look awesome.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

A friend has the Buzzettis. Nicely built and slick looking with the hidden bolts.

He asked me to move them from an old bent center stand to his 4T. Loosened the bolt, tapped it back in to slacken the rubber bit, and it still took PB Blaster and a high-temp heat gun to get them off. Install with a touch of anti-seize on the center stand legs just in case you need to take them off...just sayin'. :wink:

srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

DAMNIT left boot fell off. Cruising with a tennis ball until a new pair arrives from Scooterwest. Nothing is classier than sporting a tennis ball.