Exciting RH50 news

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SuperCyclone.81

Exciting RH50 news

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Finally got the 2015 sales program from Genuine. Looks like they're spicing up the RH50

Im pretty pumped about the 12" wheels, Ill probably buy a rear to put on my Rattler haha
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Glad to see that Genuine is keeping the 2 stroke mill in the RH.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
B02S4

Post by B02S4 »

The most exciting news of all is a potential replacement 12” rear wheel for the Rat 110...will the powers that be at ScooterWorks order enough replacement wheels?
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

Damn, I guess maybe I should have waited until next year to buy mine. The one I bought in September is titled as a 2015, to bad I cant even exchange it for the upgraded one! The one thing I think Genuine should have upgraded, or addressed in some form or fashion is the mirrors. All the upgrades they are doing on the Roughhouse, yet they are still going to use those mirrors with the arms so short they render themselves about useless, at least for me. It borderlines on being a major safety issue in my opinion as I can only see my upper arm and shoulders in mine without contorting my body awkwardly while riding.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

^ Your not the only one. Different mirrors would be greatly appreciated.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
B02S4

Post by B02S4 »

agrogod wrote:^ Your not the only one. Different mirrors would be greatly appreciated.
Does the RH use 8mm thread? If so, I have a set of mirrors that might work for you...had 'em on my Rat 110 & they were very useable.

I have some stuff that I may put up on the classifieds, however please feel free to PM me before.
SuperCyclone.81

@Lucky

You might also try some bar end mirrors if you can find any that you like. That way they would definitely stick out further than you shoulders. The only deal would be that you'd probably have to get different grip.

@BO2S4

Ya Im pretty pumped about that as well. Depending on how long it takes for our shop to get one in, but Im probably going to order a 12" rear and then try to fit a 6.5" stretch engine mount on there haha
B02S4

Post by B02S4 »

SuperCyclone.81 wrote:...Ya Im pretty pumped about that as well. Depending on how long it takes for our shop to get one in, but Im probably going to order a 12" rear...
Please give a shout when it comes in, I'm very interested in your opinion of that wheel...maybe I'll keep my Rat afterall... :D
adamrose045

Post by adamrose045 »

I think Genuine should have upgraded, or addressed in some form or fashion is the mirrors. All the upgrades they are doing on the Roughhouse, yet they are still going to use those mirrors with the arms so short they render themselves about useless, at least for me. It borderlines on being a major safety issue in my opinion as I can only see my upper arm and shoulders in mine without contorting my body awkwardly while riding.
SuperCyclone.81

I forgot to post these up last week when we got our shipment in. But check out the new colors and the Titanium package.

12" wheels front and rear

Dual piston caliper with braided brake line and big wave rotor

!2" rear rim, upgraded rear shock, low profile seat and the new white plastics on the one beside it

The group

Nice line of Genuine bikes

Come check out MopedU in Fayetteville next time your in NWA Arkansas!
B02S4

Post by B02S4 »

He SS.81, are the RH50 exhaust bracket mounting points & header pipe config basically the same as the Rat 110?
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

Jeesh, if you are going to the trouble to make a 2/3 rear fender, you might as well drop it down further in the back so that it actually does a complete job of keeping the mud stripe off my back.

A future upgrade idea!

:roll:
KooK

Post by KooK »

my question is can we get these parts and put them on our current RH, I would love the bigger tires.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Upon taking a second look at the newest RH a simple question comes to my tongue. I will lead into it with the complaint that the stock mirrors as I and others have stated really suck. Looking at the pics supplied the question is...
Where are the mirrors?
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
KooK

Post by KooK »

Good observation, cause yes, the mirrors Suck absolutely. I have to get better ones. my shoulder is a poor window to what's behind me.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

What is the new Summer 2015 scoot?
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
LRonHubbub

Well MY summer scooter is....

Post by LRonHubbub »

....the new RH 50 in matte black. Pick it up tomorrow.

I have lots to learn about maintenance - is there a FAQ for RH 50 owners when it comes to this stuff?