International Motorcycle Shows -- west coasters going?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

siobhan

International Motorcycle Shows -- west coasters going?

Post by siobhan »

Hey guys, any of you going to San Mateo, Phoenix, Long Beach or Seattle shows? If so, can you please post up what versions of the Ducati scramblers are there? Pretty please? Pictures would be even better :)

I've actually taken the plunge and put a deposit in on the Enduro version, and I really want one to be at the NYC show. I've never bought a new moto. I think I'll cry first time I drop it. KTM took too long to release the baby Duke, and my eyes have wandered...and yes, a 390 thumper or a 800 twin is an odd choice.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Nobody going to San Mateo or Long Beach?
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i am going to long beach but can't say what day or time yet. i will take pictures of what you want. i will take pictures of more things, too. this could be a little ims thread. even if someone makes a bigger one :)

this is not my video, but its just as well. its from san mateo and they are showing the scrambler's ducati brung. idk anything about the scrambler or what you are looking for, but maybe you will see it?

ducati did a good job of making these bikes look old. oh, i'm sorry....i mean vintage :lol:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/r7ZBfbpfOOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Riding is riding
Syd

Post by Syd »

Oh, it's this weekend? Hmm, maybe I will go!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Thanks JHScoot!

I'm just being antsy as the NYC show isn't until mid-December. But if Ducati has all four models of the Scrambler at San Mateo, they will most likely have them in New York. And they're releasing a high pipe. Gaaaah. How much is this thing going to cost me :shock:
Syd

Post by Syd »

I went today, and to be honest, I was disappointed. Suzuki showed the Burgman 650 and 200 and the Vino Classic and Honda brought a Ruckus and a PCX (PCH?). That's it. No Vespa, no Piaggio, no Genuine. :cry:

Here are some pics:
Attachments
The one in the front of the stage.
The one in the front of the stage.
TheOtherOne.jpg (67.15 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
Scrambler Urban Enduro.  Classic/FT in green?
Scrambler Urban Enduro. Classic/FT in green?
UrbanEnduro.jpg (66.97 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
Scrambler Full Throttle.  Looks like the Classic in a different color.
Scrambler Full Throttle. Looks like the Classic in a different color.
FullThrottle.jpg (66.27 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
Scrambler Classic
Scrambler Classic
Classic.jpg (67.9 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
I'd never seen the TU250 before.
I'd never seen the TU250 before.
TU250.jpg (67.25 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
Syd

Post by Syd »

Harley showed the Street model (but only the 750!). And there was this:
Attachments
Slingshot.jpg
Slingshot.jpg (58.75 KiB) Viewed 2380 times
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Syd, thanks dude!

The Ducati Scramblers are all the same platform (803cc air-cooled Monster engine). There are four versions with tweaks (different seats, different pipes like the Termignoni on the Full Throttle version...sigh, different fenders, blah blah). The Icon was out front & center because it's a throwback to the 1962 Scrambler.

I took out a friend's ST3 this weekend. Man, are those Ducati twins just a beautiful engine. I never got out of 4th gear, even though I got up to 65mph on the back roads. I canNOT wait!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Syd wrote:I went today, and to be honest, I was disappointed. Suzuki showed the Burgman 650 and 200 and the Vino Classic and Honda brought a Ruckus and a PCX (PCH?). That's it. No Vespa, no Piaggio, no Genuine. :cry:

Here are some pics:
Wow did this pic make all my little motorcycle neurons snap! I'm like one of those cartoon characters whose hat flies up in the air and eyes pop a foot out of their heads. Holy cow, it's a stupidly good thing that there is no Ducati dealer anywhere near me.

siobhan

Post by siobhan »

http://scramblerducati.com/en

Click on the orange box with three lines in the upper left corner to see each model in detail. That's the Full Throttle you posted. LOOK at that exhaust. Swoon. Accessories will show you the high exhaust available.

I think Ducati have hit it out of the park with this design. 2015 was supposed to be the year I went orange. But not after seeing the genius of Ducati.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

siobhan wrote:http://scramblerducati.com/en

Click on the orange box with three lines in the upper left corner to see each model in detail. That's the Full Throttle you posted. LOOK at that exhaust. Swoon. Accessories will show you the high exhaust available.

I think Ducati have hit it out of the park with this design. 2015 was supposed to be the year I went orange. But not after seeing the genius of Ducati.
"Swoon," is right. That Termignoni Exhaust is the hottest thing I've ever seen. :shock:
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Hey Siobhan, if you're going to the Saturday show in NY, pass by the Yammy exhibit and keep an eye out for a 6-foot nun with a mustache and size 11 engineer boots. I'm working the guilt-trip angle to get them to donate an SR400 to the Sisters of Our Lady of Perpetual Penury.
Syd

Post by Syd »

From looking at the pictures again, I would say that the Scramblers are just a little larger than the TU250 pictured (with the same camera). That doesn't matter to many, but I couldn't ride the Suzuki for very long because of it's size. The S40 showed is even smaller. I felt like I was sitting on the floor!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

just got my ticket for LB. use code facebook15 for a $4 discount or visit the facebook progressive ims page for a link with the discount applied

ticket(s) are good for any day, initial admission only, of course
Riding is riding
Syd

Post by Syd »

JHScoot wrote:just got my ticket for LB. use code facebook15 for a $4 discount or visit the facebook progressive ims page for a link with the discount applied

ticket(s) are good for any day, initial admission only, of course
Where were you two days ago? :)
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

charlie55 wrote:Hey Siobhan, if you're going to the Saturday show in NY, pass by the Yammy exhibit and keep an eye out for a 6-foot nun with a mustache and size 11 engineer boots. I'm working the guilt-trip angle to get them to donate an SR400 to the Sisters of Our Lady of Perpetual Penury.
Will do Charlie! I'm pretty easy to spot, too, as I'm usually wearing pink and am almost 6 feet tall. Can't wait to see the new KTMs and Ducatis!
Last edited by siobhan on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Genuine Bonneville Blackjack :)

and something for siobhan. pay no mind to my finger, there. its just there to scale the headlight :p

i like this shot because it looks like YOUR bike is looking at me :)

Riding is riding
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

JHScoot, THANK YOU Image The finish looks really nice. I hope I don't fall in love with the baby Duke.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Choices. Choices.
Attachments
$4999
$4999
KTM390Duke.JPG (35.48 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
$9995
$9995
DucatiFullThrottle.JPG (42.95 KiB) Viewed 2289 times