Fuses on a Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dsmith65

Fuses on a Buddy

Post by dsmith65 »

I have a 150, and one day I started it, it ran for about 10 seconds then died. I couldn't get it to start so I put the battery tender back on, and left it until I could look at it it. The battery is new, and the tender shows that it is charged, but no lights come on, and it doesn't turn over. Besides the fuse by the battery, are there any others?

Thanks
MB #2349
Gma Dot

Fuses on a Buddy

Post by Gma Dot »

Sure wish someone would answer your question. I need to now the same thing. Can't get my brand new scooter to start. The battery is dead, charging didn't help.
:cry:
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Even sans battery, the kickstart should still function.

Are there any lights at all? Were there any popping noises when it died?

I would look over the tech section and grab the service manual. It should indicate some of the fuses.

Otherwise I'd take it to a local shop.
Gma Dot

125-dead

Post by Gma Dot »

I haven't tried the kick starter. No lights, just silence. No popping noise. I had put in silver star light bulbs in the turn signals so they would be brighter.
When I finished, I tried to start it and it was dead. Would a fuse blow by just turning on the switch.
Gma Dot

Dead electrical.

Post by Gma Dot »

My problem was the fuse by the battery. I still don't know if there are any other fuses.
TVB

Re: 125-dead

Post by TVB »

Gma Dot wrote:Would a fuse blow by just turning on the switch.
If it turns on too much current, you bet. That's what they're there for.
125cclemon

Same issue

Post by 125cclemon »

I have a head light and tail light but no blinkers from or back or running lights. Battery fuse looks fine. What am I missing?
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

Finally got this into the shop to be looked at. At the end of the day my relatively new battery (less than 6 months old) from Batteries Plus was dead, and wouldn't hold a charge.

Couldn't find the receipt, so lesson learned spend a few extra dollars and get something of quality.
MB #2349
Kevinpsu160

Post by Kevinpsu160 »

That is bad luck with the battery. I'm glad the scooter is running. I hope the shop didn't charge you that much to replace the battery.

When I went to Wal-mart to purchase a battery for my scooter I found a box on the shelf with an old battery in it. I think people just return the old batteries. It sucks for us honest people. You would think BatteriesPlus would be better than Wal-mart at catching these things.
125cclemon

Closed thread

Post by 125cclemon »

It was the relay switch. It was busted from a crash that's why I wasn't here ing any clicking. That fixed the back ones. Then I just adjusted the front bulbs till those worked.