One less 4T manual

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Raputtak

One less 4T manual

Post by Raputtak »

Regarding my Owie post:
topic28091.html

I t seems that the damage was more than cosmetic. Apparently the frame was bent three inches to the right. This means that the vehicle is totalled.

I am now looking for another rally scooter.

Any sugestions?

(I am looking real hard at the Hooligan or the Vespa Sprint).
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

I have a dealer friend who has tuned the Hooligan to be quicker off the line than stock.

The Sprint is nice, but it's a metal body... same as the one that fell off the back of your hitch...
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

I am so sorry, buddy. That's terrible. :(

At least there's a practically brand new 4T engine out there. Somewhere.
Raputtak

Post by Raputtak »

Yup. Apply to Progressive Insurance in Richmond Va. The broken scooter will go up for auction soon.

I imagine, although I haven't checked, that the engine and transmission, along with the wheels etc., are serviceable.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm pretty surprised that it bent that badly. The assessor does know that it's a duocoque frame and that the rear end unbolts, right?

If I lived closer, I'd put in for your bike. Having a spare 4T engine would be a boon so could do a teardown, measurement and report on it. There are a lot of compatibility questions that I'd like to look into.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...